Mandalorian Reference Thread

I'm sure everyone waiting for their Mandalorian pendant received this, but thought I would share for the rest...

Tom Most said:
First of all, wow!

THANK YOU to everyone who's placed an order!! It's been a real whirlwind lately around here, and I figured I'd better let everyone know what's up! I've sold out of the pendants already, but seeing the writing on the wall placed a LARGE order with the foundry, and should have it by this weekend, give or take a day. (The recent holidays slowed things down probably a week, as the foundry was closed.)

In the meantime, to streamline everyone's orders, I've been getting the envelopes ready, so as soon as I have them in hand they'll be going out, hopefully about 50 a day, more on the weekend when there's more time, and the post office is open longer/I'm not at work. Thank you all for being so patient and understanding (I'm a one man shop!), and I WILL get everyone's orders out as soon as humanly possible- I may take a day off work so as to catch up!

Thank you, again, from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,

Tom Most

Mostly Fantasy

I'm sure everyone waiting for their Mandalorian pendant received this, but thought I would share for the rest...
It's awesome to see a fan-and-artist get something recognized by the production in this way.

By the way... in case everyone hasn't seen my take on the blaster:
Mandobergleftright.jpg

I'm in the middle of painting it right now. Think I'll scrap a Poe Nerf gun for the electronics because it feels like something more elaborate would be overkill.

It's awesome to see a fan-and-artist get something recognized by the production in this way.

By the way... in case everyone hasn't seen my take on the blaster:
View attachment 1246724

I'm in the middle of painting it right now. Think I'll scrap a Poe Nerf gun for the electronics because it feels like something more elaborate would be overkill.
is there an STL file available? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it

Wanted to share a few super quick shots of my blaster. This was printed on my elegoo Mars from a CGTrader file made by Woodtech Armory.

Hopefully I’ll get some photos that show the color better soon. The metallic basecoat loves to play with the light and throw the top coat from purple to red to black!

(I left the safety lever off for now because I’m hoping to make a better one soon. I do have the original painted so if I decide to add that, it can be thrown on and match the other brass pieces.)

This was just a quick paint test, waiting for my good buddy JBReplicas to finish his V2 blaster. I believe it will be the definitive fan sculpture and can’t wait to throw down on it!

Freakn beautiful

Wanted to share a few super quick shots of my blaster. This was printed on my elegoo Mars from a CGTrader file made by Woodtech Armory.

Hopefully I’ll get some photos that show the color better soon. The metallic basecoat loves to play with the light and throw the top coat from purple to red to black!

(I left the safety lever off for now because I’m hoping to make a better one soon. I do have the original painted so if I decide to add that, it can be thrown on and match the other brass pieces.)

This was just a quick paint test, waiting for my good buddy JBReplicas to finish his V2 blaster. I believe it will be the definitive fan sculpture and can’t wait to throw down on it!

Nice paint work on the grips!!!

I too wonder about fitting it on the Mars, which I currently suck at. ;) Any chance of seeing caps of your layout w. Supports?

Last edited:
Anyone having any luck finding a source for the Canvas Bags (ie British Packs?). Despite extensive google searches, I'm still coming up dry as everyone seems to be sold out. Any suggestions?

Respectfully,

RS

All the on line surplus sites had them right before TFA came out.
I picked mine up at a shop in Turlock Ca. about 15 years ago.
Mountain View surplus probably had them as well.

edit
I just did a quick google search for "vintage british military backpacks" and lots for sites came up.

Last edited:
All the on line surplus sites had them right before TFA came out.
I picked mine up at a shop in Turlock Ca. about 15 years ago.
Mountain View surplus probably had them as well.

edit
I just did a quick google search for "vintage british military backpacks" and lots for sites came up.

Was the same pack used in TFA?

Anyone having any luck finding a source for the Canvas Bags (ie British Packs?). Despite extensive google searches, I'm still coming up dry as everyone seems to be sold out. Any suggestions?

Respectfully,

RS

I got mine on Ebay through a friend. The dealer was named baglas58. It just arrived and is perfect. 100% match and is in unissued condition.

Does anyone make those snowtrooper rank bars readily available or do we gotta piece it together?

Nice paint work on the grips!!!

Thank you. The grips are the one thing that I did how I wanted, instead of following the reference. ;) Looking forward to doing another on in the future, I believe I can get it even closer to the real props. I’d also love to do one of these in the future with an actual gun blued effect. Seen some folks attempt it but nothing that convinces me just yet. Perhaps in the future when my printer is free.

AE0EAE57-3396-49E9-8694-78AA08E6E6AD.jpeg

I too wonder about fitting it on the Mars, which I currently suck at. ;) Any chance of seeing caps of your layout w. Supports?

As I mentioned a few posts back, I no longer have the original sliced files with supports. I can show you the original cuts though. I printed them flat on the bed. The only piece that really needed supports from the body was the rear of the gun where it turns into the handle. I had a few supports there most likely.

I printed the grips on supports on a 35, trying to line the print lines up with the woodgrain possible. This left me a very very good surface ready for paint. The longer bar (not pictured here) was sliced where I pointed out in a previous post and printed at an angle with the underside (side against the gun) being supported.

Oh, one more note if you are printing this specific blaster (Woodtech Armory files) you have to assemble the slide BEFORE UV curing. (Meaning the piece with the block and the outer shroud.) There are areas on both sides where the shroud needs to stretch over. After curing the resin is too brittle. You could probably even merge those parts and print as one piece if you wanted.

I hope that is helpful to you or anyone else with a smaller resin printer looking to make the blaster.

Attachments

• AAC5A984-FA35-443E-A1C7-666433CF8109.jpeg
    AAC5A984-FA35-443E-A1C7-666433CF8109.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 254
  • DC9A381D-2EE0-490D-BC42-D4C97EA1F948.jpeg
    DC9A381D-2EE0-490D-BC42-D4C97EA1F948.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 234
  • 5D2F59EF-CD53-49DB-9642-26C500A5D572.jpeg
    5D2F59EF-CD53-49DB-9642-26C500A5D572.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 206
  • BC326FB6-1973-4E6F-B7BC-A4C328BFAD0B.jpeg
    BC326FB6-1973-4E6F-B7BC-A4C328BFAD0B.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 229
  • AB707571-F03B-4AF6-8924-5EF345635C31.jpeg
    AB707571-F03B-4AF6-8924-5EF345635C31.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I'm building my blaster old school... So far everything is made from Sintra/PVC. Looking to get this as close as possible, but unfortunately I haven't found a lot of hi-res pics showing the blaster detail too well.

Also building my own kit and have only made the right shoulder bell so far. This is made from Sintra, Fiberglass, Epoxy and Bondo. The painting is not complete yet as I want to give it a realistic sheen and weathering.

Attachments

• The Mandalorian blaster.jpg
    The Mandalorian blaster.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Right Shoulder Bell.jpg
    Right Shoulder Bell.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Right Shoulder Bell 3.jpg
    Right Shoulder Bell 3.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 291
Is it just me or the red buttons on the rank bar looks awfully opaque... It looks more opaque in motion since I don't see any light scattering through them. I am concerned if I should cut some acrylics or something. I wish I wasn't this obsessed with minor details!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 1.22.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 1.22.46 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 324

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back