Mandalorian Reference Thread

This thing kept me up until 5AM last night because I wanted to get the receiver (main 4 parts) into the printer before I went to bed. Still lots to do, but with all the new details I discover with each new episode (and the extra hours staring at images) I'm happy I didn't rush this one.

1577126284928.png

Couple close-ups tonight of a trooper wearing a Black Series helmet. Right next to another trooper who wasn't, so the extra seam lines etc really stood out.

Would anyone be able to grab screen caps of the weathered helmet towards the end? Would also love some of the other Mandalorian helmets in the episode, especially the one he picks up when first coming across the pile in the sewer, would be much appreciated!

I found the artist who has done work for marvel and Disney who made the mythosaur pendant and I confirmed with him that it was his work.

They can be ordered here:

Awesome. Thank you.
Saw the episode this morning and started watching the project thread to see if anyone was going to start replicating them. Glad I also looked here. I figure better get it now before the prices go up due to demand.

Just ordered it the pendant. My first guess as to who made it would have been Regal Robot, since they already have a metal Mythosaur skull and they produced a mini replica of the one from the show.

He told me Favrau found him at Monsterpalooza and bought like 30 of them, he assumed for cast/crew gifts. Surprise! He didnt know what they used for the necklace since he just made the pendants, but it just looks like distressed black or dark brown leather chord.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 2.28.57 PM.png

Last edited:
So I am building a mandalorian costume and I have a plan in place for the armor. However, I am completely lost on how to build the under suit, vest, etc. I am on a budget and need help finding the correct or close looking cloths online, thanks in advance!

Actually, with the high production value of the show I found the Biker Scout helmet distracting. The gap makes it look like a toy. Mind you, a very small complaint on an excellent show. Give Jon Favreau a freakin' TRILOGY!!!!!!

I think P37 is a closer fit but not perfect match.

I believe they were made in two sizes, because I see them described as either small or large. I would expect they used the large size in the show because it was rather large looking. When you say it’s not a perfect match, are you comparing to the correct size?

Efx gap is canon baby!!

Sorry if I’m incorrect about this as I did not completely engulf myself in the eFx discussion but doesn’t the gap in the eFx version refer to the space as seen from above between the crown and the visor?

What is seen here is not really a gap in the sense that the two parts don’t fit together properly, it simply looks as if the faceplate is not completely closed. You would see the same thing in my old Don Post helmet which is why the fix was to add a little velcro to hold it closed.

The scout trooper helmets really stood out like sore thumbs, I really hope they address that if they show up again.

I honestly don’t think this is an issue. I have no idea if this was costuming issue or deliberate choice but as a viewer, I interpret this as...

...aged equipment that no longer seals properly.
or
...repurposed helmets that were not specifically issued to that individual.
or
...a military force that no longer feels the need to uphold strict uniform standards as before and the unlatched faceplate may be more comfortable to the wearer.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back