Unlimited Run Mal Reynolds Pistol - Firefly & Serenity Version (3D Printed Kit)

Re: Mal Reynolds Pistol (3D Printed Kit)

Interessted (either TV or movie version) pending the usual... price and final appearance ;)

Depending on how accurate they are and if there was a package deal, I might even be interested in getting both.

After all, the only thing better than Mal's gun is two of Mal's guns.

The version you have shown in your original photo is the QMX metal-plated version of the movie pistol. Don't take measurements off of it (or any QMX version) or you'll be off from the start.

The TV pistol was changed for the movie, including a different magazine, an additional side panel detail, a greeblie near the rear sight that looked like a button for the slide action, plus other things that were added or changed to make the gun a bit more solid because it would literally fall apart during shooting.

I think this is Robstyle's photo; one is a stunt casting of TV version and the other is the hero movie prop:
http://i.imgur.com/Tah9z0w.jpg
(Rob, if you want it removed, just let me know.)

I know there's some very thorough photos of the movie prop somewhere here on the board (and over at Fireflyprops.net), along with a few of the TV version as well. I would advise checking them out. If you can't find anything, I can help when I have time.

Love that pic, I haven't been able to tell if there is a difference on the other side between the TV and movie guns?

Yes, as I noted, there is an additional switch/button greeblie near the rear sight.

I have literally 348 pics, almost all are from the left side of the gun :angry.

This one says it's the movie version, and it's from the left, where is this little switch / greeblie?

SerenityMalgun1.jpg

Also, I've been asked if it'll have a removable section to access the cylinder, wasn't planning on it, and it would definitely add to the price, is that a make or break for anyone?

Last edited:

Should say, was planning on the trigger being able to move, the clip would be removable and the grips would be done separate to if you wanted to you could either glue them on, or drill and put in your own screw to have them removable.

The switch is on the other side.

jCDWnGS.jpg

Again, note that this was not on the pistol during the TV series filming.

The switch is on the other side.

Again, note that this was not on the pistol during the TV series filming.

Thanks for all the help, is it this?
jCDWnGSa.jpg

Or this?
jCDWnGSb.jpg

Because ya, I don't see either of those on TV screen grabs, but either one is easy enough to add to our TV version as an option for those that want a movie gun...

It's the first one, circled in red. The thing you have circled in blue is the bob on the hammer (which I believe was also modified for the movie version, but I can't 100% confirm that).

Wow, I'd not seen this one

Every time I'm on here you're planning another kit of one of my favourite props pretty soon you'll have all my money :lol

Interested

Wow, I'd not seen this one

Every time I'm on here you're planning another kit of one of my favourite props pretty soon you'll have all my money :lol

Interested

Hehe - I'm just like the US gov't, snooping in on all your thoughts:devil

Hello rgriesbeck

So do you need a down payment or some sort of commitment to buy??? If so just say when(and how and how much) and you will get the funds ASAP!!!!!!!

Hello rgriesbeck

So do you need a down payment or some sort of commitment to buy??? If so just say when(and how and how much) and you will get the funds ASAP!!!!!!!

I'm glad you're excited, but no need for cash yet. I'm a few weeks off from having a finished prototype. I'll let you know when this switches from INT to FS, then you can commit and send payment.

I find having people's money and not having a product very close to ready stresses me out.

Subscribe to this thread, watch the progress and enjoy. I should have some renders from our 3D model soon.

Thanks for the interest.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back