Making Comeback to Prop Replicas

Sanek94cool

Heyo guys!

So... I'm the guy from Russia who did that clone trooper costume (man, I was 16 back in the day)...
And so much have changed now. I live in US now. Finished university, got a job. And I finally got a big desire to comeback to making props!

Yet, the issue I'm having is that I live in the apartment complex. With no access to a workshop or garage where I can do my dirty stuff with sanding and painting.
I was just wondering how's everybody is making their props? Maybe there's a good way to do it at home? Or maybe finding a good place where you do that and not bother others and making dust in your house?

Eventually I plan to get a 3d printer and get into dirty work with making armor props.

PS, just a reminder, here's my work ;)
oogJqwyoj-U.jpg

Welcome back! If you have an extra room I would just make the space work for you. Another option is to see if there is a local Makers Club or Community on your area? :)

Depending on how long you need you could look at storage units. Rent for a couple months. They usually have electricity. I see guys working on their cars in some places.

Glad to see someone remembers me, thank you!

Arc, I don't consider myself talented back in the day. It's... hard to explain. It was my obsessed purpose back in the day, and honestly it had a huge impact for me in terms of my character development... even though it sounds silly, how can costume making do that? :D

As of the topic, I live in a studio, so there's not much extra space I can dedicate to crafting. I already ordered 3d printer and I'm gonna start to just test it out and see what I can do with that. For these years I've gained quite a good amount of 3d models I can use for that.

Eventually I plan to make a figure of Darth Revan based on my recent model.
alexander-dmitriev-screenshot019.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back