Making A Custom Diorama For The Predators.

Prednuttie

I currently own Tracker with Hound and i plan to complete my collection getting the rest of the Predators including Royce and Aliens and perhaps a few others. However i would like some advice how to start a good basic diorama display with grass and rocks? I found a few on the tube but it was only for railroad modeling.

Is it something you guys use? I also found this website that makes dioramas but it costs 500 bucks and i don't think i need to blow 500 bucks for a fancy diorama when i can build one for cheap and i am a artist however. I would love some advice and i wonder if you any have done before? I wonder where to find a Predator Totem? Like the film? I wanna make a display for the rest of the group and throw in a cool background too perhaps. Advice? Thanks!

I currently own Tracker with Hound and i plan to complete my collection getting the rest of the Predators including Royce and Aliens and perhaps a few others. However i would like some advice how to start a good basic diorama display with grass and rocks? I found a few on the tube but it was only for railroad modeling.

Is it something you guys use? I also found this website that makes dioramas but it costs 500 bucks and i don't think i need to blow 500 bucks for a fancy diorama when i can build one for cheap and i am a artist however. I would love some advice and i wonder if you any have done before? I wonder where to find a Predator Totem? Like the film? I wanna make a display for the rest of the group and throw in a cool background too perhaps. Advice? Thanks!
Dio's do rack up in cost , even the little one's or the easy cheap one's.I love to go to Lowe's and home depot due to the fact your in the states.Micheal's is good for moss or fake trees but you can go jungle and look for branch's in the yard or on the road.A cool system i have been playing with was a computer background fixed in after you photo your predator with a minimal prop to give life.If you look at out door pictures there to easy to see the scale looking fake with huge leaves or blades of grass.
Use thin wood is cheap and will give you a base to work on, all though you may need a jigsaw, gorilla glue, and some odds and ends.Look around at others on here and you will see other ideas but a basic layout and some good lighting makes for a badass picture.On hand and at home is never as cool as a photoshoped dioroma, i would think about size, style , and expense based on a good picture to share is the best commented on.
If you give me a detailed idea you have been thinking of i will post more to help.
And here's a biggie in my book, dont give up.I think it me hours and hours of fail till i finally got it to looked sweet as ****.At first it may look like fail until you keep it going

For this
100_1062.jpg

Hours and hours later

projectfilter.jpg

Sorry i have been away so long and i really like your diorama, I might do something the same. I don't have a jigsaw though but i am sure i can make something out of clay perhaps or use the railroad merchandise ground stuff.. meh haven't done this before but i am a artist and i can pretty much paint anything good.

Watch for weight with clay.The wood was a ton lighter than the plaster and clay and i have made some bad too heavy pieces good luck would love to see pics

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back