makeshift spidey face shell?

88skullkid

i was wanting to know if anyone here had any ideas on how to either make a spiderman face shell without vacuforming. im a poor poor man people. i can not afford expensive replicas so i have to make stuff myself. so where can i buy something or what can i use under my spidey mask to make it look like i have on a face shell?

There's nothing "ready made" out there to get the proper shape. A face shell isn't about just having something under the mask, it's about having something under the mask to keep a consistent shape to the face. So you'll need to find a way to make one yourself.

My suggestion is to get a plain white face mask like these:

Amazon.com: Plastic White Full Masks: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

The using some Magic Sculpt or Apoxie Sculpt (Same product, different brand names for two-part clay that hardens to the the strength of wood) shape it to the proper Spidey-profile. Just look at pictures of the real face shell and match the very slight curve to the nose and the overall gentle sloping shape.

The sand it smooth, seal it, and wear it!

...just make sure to cut Spidey-eye-shaped holes in the face before applying your Apoxie Sculpt so you have plenty of visibility.

Good luck.

-Nick

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back