Limited Run 'Major's Thermoptic Pistol' (2017) Ghost in the Shell

Hello everyone,

My name is Susan and I'm John's fiancée. I just got an alert into my inbox that there were new replies to this thread (I put it on alert after the previous update).

I wanted to come on here and give you all an update. The pistols have finally been completed and we are currently looking for good packing materials to ship them to you in. There will be tracking information with all the packages, and John will be in contact with everyone to confirm shipping addresses before they are sent (just in case anyone has moved). I'll talk to John on coming on here to give you all a proper update as I'm not a prop builder myself so I'm afraid I wouldn't know the details that John would.

Personally, I wish to thank you all for your unbelievable patience. I know it means a lot to John, and it also means so, so much to me. Not having these pistols out to you all a long time ago has been a stress point, but thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For updates, I'll keep an eye on the board here and let you know what is happening as soon as I can, if John doesn't get there before me. Also, if anyone needs to contact me quickly for any reason, please do reach out. A couple of you contacted me on Facebook and Instagram (ashlasue), and I also have a Twitter of @ashlaire. It might be best reaching me on Instagram as I don't always see the message requests on Facebook.

Thank you again everyone.

Hello everyone,

Another short update; finally found somewhere that has packing peanuts (not as easy to find as we first thought). I'm picking them up tomorrow so the packing can be finished. All pistols have been wrapped, just needed the peanuts to pad the boxes so they don't get damaged.

Per chance will any additional runs be done?
As I'm sure you've gathered from how this thread has gone, the commission model didn't work well in this instance for various reasons... John would love to make more of these pistols for people, but to avoid this issue arising again where people end up waiting far too long, we had a chat and agreed that if he is going to make more, he will make them first and then list them as up for sale if people are interested. That way, they will be ready to ship right away.

Thanks again everyone for your patience.

Hi everyone,

Another update;
  • The packing place didn't have packing peanuts so we got good old bubble wrap.
  • Everything is now boxed (bar one I think, I think John's getting some photos of that one - packing ready for this one).
  • We were just waiting on payday to sort the shipping, which should clear for us today/tomorrow. I'll ask John to start confirming addresses with everyone.
Thank you

Hi all,

Everyone that's waiting on one of the pistols should have received an email from John yesterday to confirm shipping details. If anyone did not receive the email please let me know. Thank you!

Hi all,

The first 4 pistols were collected by FedEx on Monday. If you received an email from FedEx then yours is on the way :) We're organising the pick up of the next batch ASAP.

I got my pistol from FedEx today. It arrived as expected, and in finished condition.

Any excitement I had for this project has faded, but the story ended so much better than it could have. For a time, I considered this run a total loss.

Ashla, I'm very thankful for you getting this project over the finish line. Your efforts made the difference. Thank you.

I got my pistol from FedEx today. It arrived as expected, and in finished condition.

Any excitement I had for this project has faded, but the story ended so much better than it could have. For a time, I considered this run a total loss.

Ashla, I'm very thankful for you getting this project over the finish line. Your efforts made the difference. Thank you.
Hi dmpsk8, I'm so glad it got to you safe and sound! I hope you like it, even though you mentioned your excitement has faded. I totally understand this as I would feel the same if I was in your position.

I'm glad I could help bring this project to a close. I am sorry it happened the way that it did, and as I said before, I'm so thankful and grateful to you all and your amazing patience. Apologies if I am repeating myself, but I think it's very important that every one of you know how much we appreciate it.

Any word on when the next batch of pistols will be shipped?
Hi mtrixman, I was going to post tomorrow when they got picked up but the next 3 parcels are getting collected tomorrow. Yours is one of these 3 :) I believe you should have received a FedEx email with the details, if not it may get sent out when they are collected. If you have any issues, please let me know.

Just for clarity, the orders that were sent last week or that are getting collected tomorrow were/are for:
  • foxbatkllr
  • asavage
  • veektohr
  • dmpsk8
  • RhinoActual
  • mtrixman
  • propstuf

With the remaining orders belonging to:
  • coregeek
  • el toro
  • Max Jenius
  • kevinericon
Come payday next Friday, the final orders will 100% be booked in for collection right away. I'll keep everyone updated here as it happens.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Got mine today with a very nice letter that came along with it. The pistol is even nicer than the photos along the way seem to promise. Let me say sorry for any harsh words dropped by me along the way. I really want to thank Ashla. You seem to have saved the entire run from being a total loss.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back