Limited Run 'Major's Thermoptic Pistol' (2017) Ghost in the Shell

Any updates? I see Jay hasn't logged in since late August. Not sure if anyone has been able to reach him by other means

I see some of you are getting impatient with this run. I'm no stranger to long runs nor long wait times between updates. I believe in this run and if anyone wants out, I'll take your spot! Thanks!

His personal twitter has not been active since July. I know he's mentioned some of what he's been going through on here, so it's possible he's still dealing with it. I did find his significant other's twitter account, which has been active very recently but I'd rather not drag her into it. I can be patient and wait, I just hope he's okay at this point.

I got out of this run. but I really hope Jay comes through for everyone. For anyone Interested there's another run by a Sr. member and trusted friend in the project runs section

Last edited:
Why do all the work on these props and then just vanish? They were nearly complete after all and the quality of work was looking really quite good.
Really sad...

I know some of the paid members on the first run have stayed silent, and I respect your restraint.
But, has anyone (who paid) had communication we're unaware of?

Given the lack of response I would assume that John (Jay) Haddock is either very very ill, or has opted not to complete this project. I'd love to be wrong. If Jay is sick, he deserves community support and ongoing patience.

Hard to get there without communication though. And after choosing not to communicate for so long, it will be much harder to win folks over now.

I’m part of the first run.

I reached out to John a few weeks ago and finally heard back from him. Here’s his response.

“Hey there, could you please pass this on to whomever you can on the forum that has been waiting.

A number of months ago I was diagnosed with PTSD after having a massive anxiety attack and subsequent mental relapse. Another friend of mine passed away and on top of the stresses and other personal tragedys I was was dealing with my brain and body just gave up. Since then I've been trying to get myself back into a frame of mind to be able to function day to day and steps were taken to limit my stress by cutti nng off things such as social media, news and other such stimuli. I understand that this has led to people being let down, especially in this instance with the pistols and those like yourself who have been waiting.

I just couldn't take it anymore, and while me being absent from any sort of update is not what I should have done, I was put into a portion and frame of mind where I just couldn't bare to look at the screen anymore. Even this is being written with thanks to my fiance because I still cannot write like this without panicking.

As for the pistols, with help from my fiance we are going to everything boxed up and ready to ship and I will send tracking information for the parcels and individual information via PayPal' s shipping conformation tools.

Again, I'm sorry about everything, but I hope you understand, even in a small way just how difficult I not only find writing this but everything I've come back from these last few months.

I'm Sorry Eric, to you and the RPF.

John.”

Thanks for sharing this message.

At least everyone knows where we’re at, definitively. The props shouldn’t take much to finish at this point.

I hope you find peace and a speedy recovery man. Get better.

I have not seen any shipment/tracking updates via PP. Anyone else?

I’m a little concerned about not being able to track it through customs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back