MADAME WEB

Yeah, I can't into these Sony Spider-Man movies that don't involve Spider-Man. The sarcastic gen z dialogue isn't helping either.
Yup... I'm only familiar with 2 of the actors, as far as I can tell, & I've enjoyed most of their work. This just was almost George Lucas level of dialog & directing.

I was watching a reaction vid & they summed it up nicely when they said that SONY is still making early 2000s superhero movies with modern FX.

It also doesn't help that we've just seen Loki do something similar in his last season. Combine that with the 'Final Destination' vibes this gives off & I just don't know.

I'm not THAT familiar with this story, but I heard one fan refer to this arc in the comics as "Imagine The Terminator, but with Peter Parker instead of John Connor".

IDK how true or valid that is, but it's more than I knew before. LOL

As someone with no knowledge who this is or any of the comics…

That was a confusing trailer! Looked like two movies…. One with 4 or 5 women running around dodging time, and then a bunch of spiderwomens?

And evil Spiderman? Kinda?

Feels like wanting to make a superman movie but you only are allowed lois, Jimmy Olsen, super girl and bizzaro superman…. Kinda wanna see supes at some point.

Guess I’ll see….

As someone with no knowledge who this is or any of the comics…

That was a confusing trailer! Looked like two movies…. One with 4 or 5 women running around dodging time, and then a bunch of spiderwomens?

And evil Spiderman? Kinda?

Feels like wanting to make a superman movie but you only are allowed lois, Jimmy Olsen, super girl and bizzaro superman…. Kinda wanna see supes at some point.

Guess I’ll see….
Yeah, I think that this one is going to be really confusing for the casual movie goer who doesn't know who Madame Web is and what she's all about. I'm one of those people who have never heard of her before, but I think that it looks interesting. I've watched all of the Spider-Man less Spider-Man movies that Sony has produced so far and I've enjoyed them all. I feel that they've done a pretty good job of making movies that involve characters from the Spideryverse without involving old webhead himself .

Yup... I'm only familiar with 2 of the actors, as far as I can tell, & I've enjoyed most of their work. This just was almost George Lucas level of dialog & directing.

I was watching a reaction vid & they summed it up nicely when they said that SONY is still making early 2000s superhero movies with modern FX.

It also doesn't help that we've just seen Loki do something similar in his last season. Combine that with the 'Final Destination' vibes this gives off & I just don't know.
It's funny you say that because I assumed it was a movie but watching it I thought, wait, is this a show? Because it has that CW feel to it. But no, it's a movie.
Based on the trailer we have 1X 'bad' Spider-Man and 3X girl Spider-Man. What's not to love?
But I want Peter Parker!!!:confused:

I'm not really sure what to make of this, the trailer didn't really sell me on this and then apparently there are 3 or 4 spider women, who according to a Screen Rant article, two of who are called Spider-Woman and one is Spider-girl. It seems overly messy and unfocused for an origin story.

I enjoyed the Tobey Maguire trilogy didn't enjoy the cocky Andrew Garfield interpretation at all and gave up on the Sony-verse after that in terms of their live action films.
As others have said there is a sort of CW feel to the live action Sony films which I just don't care for.
This might be a wait until Netflix film for me. Nothing in the trailer made me feel I had to see it in the cinema.

"It also doesn't help that we've just seen Loki do something similar in his last season." I know this is a Madame Web thread. But can you elaborate on this?

Going through an event, it going wrong, then going back & reliving the event with the past knowledge in an attempt to change the outcome.
But that's hardly an original concept on the part of Loki's writers. It's been done before and the writers for Madame Web almost certainly came up with it on their own since the writing for this movie probably took place around the same time as Loki S2, so they were almost certainly not influenced by Loki.

Last edited:
But that's hardly an original concept on the part of Loki's writers. It's been done before and the writers for Madame Web almost certainly came up with it on their own since the writing for this movie provably took place around the same time as Loki S2, so they were almost certainly not influenced by Loki.
Oh right... Don't get me wrong. I wasn't necessarily saying that was a BAD or unoriginal concept. I was just saying it could dampen or hinder interest when the trailer seemed to really portray that concept as the hook.

But that's hardly an original concept on the part of Loki's writers. It's been done before and the writers for Madame Web almost certainly came up with it on their own since the writing for this movie provably took place around the same time as Loki S2, so they were almost certainly not influenced by Loki.
The concept of going back in time to fix things has been done for decades. Groundhog Day being one of the most popular versions of it, but I remember watching a TV show episode in the 1980s where a man on a road trip that goes wrong was stuck in a time loop. He was only able to break it by ensuring everything goes right. Then I watched Groundhog Day and thought, "Hmmmmm, this seems familiar."

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back