Mad Max: Fury Road

Oh right, I forgot they released the Con trailer officially in July. Yeah this is shorter than the con footage.

But I don't know how much they can edit it to change the tone of the film. They showed more footage at SDCC than the one released online.

When I was watching it the environment was way too CG oriented, it almost felt like it was in realms of fantasy rather than grounded reality.

Last edited:
That trailer makes it look almost tongue in cheek, like Baz Luhrman's Mad Max. I found it pretty off putting, to be honest. Strictly Ballroom of the wasteland is not my jam.

Movie still looks gorgeous though.

A larger portion of that tornado/ lightning sequence was shown at the Con which kinda bothered me, other than that the rest looks great.

Well it just wouldn't be an action trailer without either Dies Irae or O Fortuna playing in the background....

Anyway, my reaction is decidedly "Meh." Flashy visuals with too much CGI and weird color timing. Not the Mad Max I'm looking for, but might be entertaining as a Netflixer.

looks more like it should be Mad Maxine. Feels like they neutered the character of Max so he could be saved by the strong female heroine who will save him, the girls and the day!

looks more like it should be Mad Maxine. Feels like they neutered the character of Max so he could be saved by the strong female heroine who will save him, the girls and the day!

As opposed to the time he was saved by children? In two previous movies?

2?

I only recall Thunderdome and lets be honest, that's the Aliens 3 or 4 of the Mad Max movies.. when was the first time?

The Feral Kid getting his shells from the front of the truck. Although I guess it didn't really pan out and is more of an assist than a save,so...ok, just Thunderdome then.

I think in Road Warrior the idea was for him to save the feral kid since he couldn't save his own, sort of how no matter how hard he tries he can't stop helping people who need protecting. Thunderdome was just a train wreck when it came to those kids, their entire background story made no sense as if half the script was lost.

The new trailer:

The whole thing would have been cooler 10 years ago. It would have been downright hip about 15 years ago. Too bad it took so long to get it done.

But I will say this - coming back a few hours after the first time I saw it, it's growing on me.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back