Mad Max Fury Road Razor Cola Steering Wheel (FINISHED)

DeLano80

Sr Member
I am wanting to make the steering wheel for the Razor Cola. It will go with the screaming skull I made.
See this post: Mad Max Fury Road Razor Cola Screaming Skull
79.jpg

Easy enough I guess. At least not nearly as complicated as some of the other wheels used in the movie. It is a wombat skull and a couple femurs. I already have the rivets made that was use on the skull. The only thing I can't figure out is the wheel. It is a 3 spoke 6 hole wheel that is dished. There are also 4 holes apiece in the spokes. That is shown on a couple other photos I have. If you can open the picture and zoom in, there appears to be what is left of a logo. I cannot make it out. I was hoping someone here might recognize the brand. I do not believe it is a Longacre wheel, at least not one they have available today anyway. I think the logo is key here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
So... I was being dumb and wasn't thinking. The Razor Cola was Max's car. So I started looking into that. I think the original movie car had a Maxrob wheel. Another company named Saas make/made wheels that were nearly identical.

wheel
saas.jpg

logo
SAASLogo220x144.jpg

Good luck finding one though. I will try.

Last edited:
So... I was being dumb and wasn't thinking. The Razor Cola was Max's car. So I started looking into that. I think the original movie car had a Maxrob wheel. Another company named Saas make/made wheels that were nearly identical.

wheel
View attachment 758065

logo
View attachment 758066

Good luck finding one though. I will try.

My guess would be a found part at a wreckers. If looking for a close aftermarket part, then SAAS make both 3 and 4 spoke wheels.

Last time I saw them, SAAS wheels were about $90AUD without the boss kit.

My guess would be a found part at a wreckers. If looking for a close aftermarket part, then SAAS make both 3 and 4 spoke wheels.

Last time I saw them, SAAS wheels were about $90AUD without the boss kit.

I guess I meant to say the Razor Cola wheel is a Saas wheel. That particular model is not in production anymore. After I did my wheel research and found Saas, I emailed them and sent the picture of the Razor Cola wheel. I was confirmed that it is their wheel. They are telling me it is a 13 inch wheel. Seems kind of small though. I sent another email a minute ago asking a few more questions.

You know, you're gonna have​ to make the Razor Cola now.

What a great and fabulously expensive idea! I think you should do Nux's car as well. Your bobblehead and my skull can race in the desert!

Last edited:
I guess I meant to say the Razor Cola wheel is a Saas wheel. That particular model is not in production anymore. After I did my wheel research and found Saas, I emailed them and sent the picture of the Razor Cola wheel. I was confirmed that it is their wheel. They are telling me it is a 13 inch wheel. Seems kind of small though. I sent another email a minute ago asking a few more questions.

The closest I could find in the 3 spoke, deep dish wheels at 15" Dia was not cheap at $230. It was chromed with a polished wood grip. So they must still make a black/poly grip version.

I am surprised that they would discontinue such a wheel given the Ford XB 2 door hard top is one of the great Aussie classics along with the A9X Torana.

This is what they are calling "similar":

image001.jpg
I think I will pass.

*edit*
back to the original wheel, I got a couple more answers regarding the Saas Razor Cola wheel.

Their reply: "These wheels are around late 70 early 80 but went on for a few years well close into the 90. I have not seen one for years so if you can find one you’re in luck… The wheel spoke is Aluminium and thee internal ring that hold the mould is steel. The wheel is bound in leather also."

So yeah.... Good luck!

image001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not too far off that it would be noticeable to many, but if you're willing to let it slide, aftermarket prices of the American-equivalent gasser is a decent enough (and affordable) substitute.

It's not too far off that it would be noticeable to many, but if you're willing to let it slide, aftermarket prices of the American-equivalent gasser is a decent enough (and affordable) substitute.

I have been looking into that, but it would be noticeable to you and I.... If I could find a very similar model, perhaps I could modify a bit and add the Saas logo with a decal. However..... I don't want to have to do that. We'll see. They did make that model with different leather and such. Perhaps I will find the same wheel with different options. I think the Superior 500 wheel is close. But it is just that, close. I'll poke around for a while and see what I can come up with. At least I know what I need this time:)

*edit* wheel name

Last edited:
All Finished. I may add a boss if I ever get around to it. Not sure I think I need to though. This one took awhile to finish. I guess I am lazy and slow.
The only issues I had were making the connections solid. It turned out very sturdy. I suppose I am happy with the finished result as far as accuracy goes. The wheel itself is more weathered than the pictures show. I still don't know how to use my camera.

I also just realized I should have taken a couple pictures of this wheel next to the skull I did from the same car before I packed them away in there boxes where I display them in the closet.... Oh well.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

I am also thinking of consolidating all of my Fury Road things into one thread. What do you think? Stupid idea? It sounds like a lot of work.

Anyhow, thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back