Limited Run Machined mystery wedge, lens focusing knobs and other macro-binoculars parts

Hey guys,
not much interest it seems so far, i know it might seem expensive, but that's the best I can do i think, those are really involved to fabricate, sorry! the price might change a bit if I manage to do them a bit more quickly that I anticipated. However, the little screws are super difficult to source so far, so there is still a bit of unknown there anyways.
I hope I'm not going blind doing all those microscopic parts for nothing! Almost there with the first step!
IMG_20220528_183222.jpg

cheers

Hello guys,
I have managed finally to find and order some suiting screws, it was a real struggle! Now I hope to receive them alright and I hope they will actually screw into real lenses with holes, but I'm not sure this is relevant as those are probably for people that don't have a hole or have replica or other brand lenses.
the screws are half a inch long and you'll be able to cut them to the length you want depending on what you decide to do with them :)

On top of that, I am moving faster than anticipated and the price can be lowered a little bit. final price is 13.5€ per focussing knob, including mounting screw :) I'll update first page now

1653984696492.png

cheers

Okay I am not gonna make any jokes. I still need four knobs. Four will satisfy my needs. I shouldn't need any more knobs to play with. Me and my knobs. All set.

hey,
the knobs themselves are ready, I'm now waiting for the screws that are coming from the UK with the ebay global shipping program, so it might take a while. when they are there, and hopefully correct, i'll drill the holes. So I need a bit of time still before releasing them :)
In the meantime, I'll work on the dome lights! I might also need to redo triangles, as I already have just 5 left now. If some of you were waiting for the focusing knobs to order the triangles, you can tell me, so I can already see of it needs more right away.
cheers
IMG_20220601_110511.jpg

I'll take a pair of two, please:)

IF you haven't shipped my triangle yet, I'd like to wait until these are ready to save on postage, if possible.

I'll take a pair of two, please:)

IF you haven't shipped my triangle yet, I'd like to wait until these are ready to save on postage, if possible.
oh, sorry, no, I shipped everything already. yours is scheduled to arrived tomorrow normally I think.
If anyone didn't receive his tracking number by email, don't hesitate to reach out.
cheers

oh, sorry, no, I shipped everything already. yours is scheduled to arrived tomorrow normally I think.
If anyone didn't receive his tracking number by email, don't hesitate to reach out.
cheers
Shucks!
Luckily shipping isn't too much.

Reaching out.

Knobs are cheap. You can get some great ones from Russia. They have wonderful women attached as well.

I can't turn it off.

Hey guys,
ok, so I have just 2 triangles left in stock, so I'll need to order aluminium and redo some for when the focusing knobs are released!
it's a bit complicated to handle stock of material and small parts like that when in between big projects, as I don't have much material I want to order at the moment. So I'm thinking real hard since yesterday about what I really need to try to grow that order a bit and avoid paying mainly shipping costs!
cheers

You sir are a master. I never thought of aluminum as beautiful until I started getting your parts. Triangle came today and goodness it's pretty. The real Eumig knob goes on perfectly, room for the button to push.

One more thing to play with. :p

Get your mind out of the gutter gentlemen.:(

You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y):D:love::p:eek::lol:

Now get back to work.

BTW please make this. I hate her ROS saber and this is Leia's true saber. I had to sell mine and have yet to see another one.

1654382112438.png

I received my wedge yesterday AOK.

Jamesfett "...this is Leia's true saber" Agreed (IMO the EU books/ comics were far more interesting).
This is one of the 30 sabers I have, very nice design, easy to hold.

don't tempt me guys, you know I'm easy to get started on 10 projects at the same time! next year :lol:

ok, so i'm officially sold out on triangles. i'm currently planning my material order and I'll do more next week if everything goes well.
thanks a lot for your trust in my work and for your kinds words :)

Hello guys,

well, the screws arrived, and sadly they are a bust, they seem to be the right size but the heads are too large... that was a good use of 37€!
the screws on the kalimar seem to be custom. both M1.7 and 10BA screws have a 3mm head and those have a 2.5mm head.
so... I'm giving up on the screws, sorry!
IMG_20220611_175102.jpg
objets star wars_explications.jpg

so, my solutions going forward are:
- I'll release 8 knobs with vintage Kalimar screws on them, i'm sacrificing a kalimar for that and that's all the screws I found on it (I'm keeping 4 for me). I hope you guys understand. Those will be 15€
IMG_20220611_181147.jpg
IMG_20220611_181223.jpg

- the rest of the knobs will be with a threaded hole only so that you can put your own Kalimar screw in it. As far as I found, the Kalimars come with 12 of those small screws on the outside and inside. + the 6 for the side buttons that you guys probably already used. I'm guessing that most of us have a dead kalimar body somewhere and that we can find a few screws for those :) If you have a kalimar, please let the people that really don't have one get one of the few knobs with screw that I'll be putting for sale. those will be 12,5€
IMG_20220611_181158.jpg

(showed on a real Kalimar lens this time :) you can see they fit nicelly:) )

I hope you guys understand and will still like the focusing knobs. they are an extremely difficult and un-fun project and I did my best to bring something easy for you guys despite the difficulties :)

so, I have a good day of work ahead of me doing those tiny ridiculous holes! they are a lot of work!
here is where I am tonight!
IMG_20220611_180621.jpg

cheers

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back