Mr. I suit (on sale from buycostumes.com)......$50
1 gal. Monsterroom Latex (+ s/h)...................$35
Acrylic Paints (to tint latex)............................$15
Misc craft store stuff......................................$15-$20
Perma-Wet (from Monster Makers).................$25
New Iwata Eclipse HP-CS Airbrush,
Compressor, Hoses, fittings...........................$150
Createx Airbrush Paints.................................$30
My time, patience & skills...............................PRICELESS!

That's just a rough estimate. I don't feel like adding it all up because the final outcome was basically priceless for me as a learning experience.
Plus, it allowed me to regularly scare the living **** out of my roommate for months on end because I kept moving it, placing it in different places all around the house. Yeah, I'll admit it...after a while I just kept doing it on purpose to mess w/ him! :D Cheap, wholesome fun in my opinion!
bigthumb.gif
He even said a few times, he almost tried to tackle it thinking it was a burglar hiding in the corner!

QUESTION: WHERE BUY THE LATEX.?

this is an amazing tutrial. i will be working on my suit and hopefully will finish it in time for next years kawaii kon, which is approaching fast. thanks again for the tutorial.

just for some of you guys thinking of going down this road.
I'm 17 years old at the moment and last year i was stuck with a problem, i couldn't find a latex suit that would fit me and i went down this road and used the guide.
Although i used a wet-suit from my local Aldi store and then bout 50 Litre's of latex. follow the guide and the skin is your work of art the more work and time you put into it the better and it can look very good. My advice is to use lots of latex as the thicker the better, but allow for the latex to dry. I used polystyrene beads on my skin to create a bumpy and uneven skin and it turned out very well.
Also be warned and allow for shrinkage caused by latex i got myself an XL wet-suit and it shrunk a little but not too much.

Here is a link of how i did my predator suit

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/25293-avp-suit-suit-progress-updated-01102012-pics-look/

best of luck

Whoa. Dude. This was so freaking awesome!! I have been experimenting with latex and such, but was having trouble trying to figure it out with no help, but this... This is EXTREMELY enlightening just to see! Gives me hope that I could one day make my own latex skin instead of having to use a spandex body suit..

Just curious when doing the duck tape dummy, did you make it in sections like torso and lower parts separate, and how do I get out of it all once taped in two or more layers?

SwedePredator said:
Just curious when doing the duck tape dummy, did you make it in sections like torso and lower parts separate, and how do I get out of it all once taped in two or more layers?
Do it all in one piece.  After 2-3 layers of tape, have your helper cut you out.  Make sure you're wearing clothes underneath you don't mind making a permanent part of your dummy.  Then tape it back together, add a pvc pipe 'skeleton', and fill it up.  Quick, cheap, and easy.

Brian

wonko said:
Do it all in one piece.  After 2-3 layers of tape, have your helper cut you out.  Make sure you're wearing clothes underneath you don't mind making a permanent part of your dummy.  Then tape it back together, add a pvc pipe 'skeleton', and fill it up.  Quick, cheap, and easy.

Brian
Thank you brian very helpful advice,further on the hard part will be what kind of colours to mix ,as I have not used any kind of airbrushing at all I am going for a cheaper one of 300 krona

SwedePredator said:
Thank you brian very helpful advice,further on the hard part will be what kind of colours to mix ,as I have not used any kind of airbrushing at all I am going for a cheaper one of 300 krona
Happy to help!

Brian

Just had a quick glance through this and WOW! When i'm home from work in a couple hours i'm going to read this cover to cover, there's a lot of great info here, Awesome stuff :)

I have the latex and cotton pads to start building up muscle mass,still curious if anybody stuffed the actual costume with the pads or just glued the pads on to the suit, and if I need the airbrush on the first layers or if i can add colours at a later point as I am looking like crazy for a compressor.

So I'm looking into my first build. Iv been sculpting for a few years now and want to tackle a pred suit as its my favorite movie. Now I'm a 5'10 thin (132lb) 21 year old. Are there any suits you can recommend aside from the MR.I they don't come in my size (small) and other costumes don't come with legs with that kind of muscular definition and fitting form

rupertsaurus said:
So I'm looking into my first build. Iv been sculpting for a few years now and want to tackle a pred suit as its my favorite movie. Now I'm a 5'10 thin (132lb) 21 year old. Are there any suits you can recommend aside from the MR.I they don't come in my size (small) and other costumes don't come with legs with that kind of muscular definition and fitting form
Check your other post, I replied in detail there.

Brian

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back