Mace Windu Force FX lightsaber repair help

Hello all, I finally managed to obtain a Mace Windu Force FX lightsaber, cost me next to nothing too. However, the blade is in pretty lousy shape, i.e. it's as bright as a 1 watt bulb in bright sunlight. The hilt needs some serious cleaning and repainting/ re-plating. Could anyone here tell me how to safely remove the blade without destroying it so I can work on the hilt without dealing with the cumbersome blade attached. I would also like to know who could tell me how to possible brighten up the blade, or where to go to get a retro fit.

thanx in advance

JS

Hi Jamie, is this a Hasbro with removable blade? If the leds inside are not that bright perhaps you should consider an upgrade to a single highly bright led in the hilt conversion? Then the Custom Saber Shop website might just have what you seek . . . or check Slothfurnace lightsaber builds for making a new led string inside the blade? Just some suggestions to consider until others chime in :)

Chaim

Last edited:
YES! i already gutted mine. i have no use for the blade i only wanted the hilt so my guts and blade are sitting in my closet. but repainting/plating forget it, ur better off repainting it weathered with some rub n buff and black. u can try polishing it with zinc for the chrome or using mirror. glass cleaner but honestly u can't get the gold plate looking good again once it wears off.
here is the disassemble instructions w/ pics. u'll need several tools including allen keys, and i dont know HOW they got the 'switch' off without dmamaging the plastic, i wrecked mine and tried for a long time. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?994-05-MR-Mace-Windu-Done-amp-kits-available

if ur interested in the blade contact me, but like said above, i suggest going luxeon or something but just swapping parts is easier.

Thanks but it is a Master Replicas saberr

- - - Updated - - -

kewl This is exactly what I needed, in response to the blade,I will PM you as soon as I get a chance

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back