Limited Run M41-A Aliens (1986) PULSE RIFLE Manual

Xhiwar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys!

I still have some of these for sale.
New price due to new, cheaper shipping option!

Price:
30$ shipped anywhere in the world.

All manuals are in-hand. I have a limited quantity of manuals left. These are shipped from Switzerland to anywhere in the world, shipping may take up to 20 days in some extreme cases! Any import taxes are the responsibility of the buyer.

Please order by E-Mail to xhiwar@gmail.com
In case of any questions, PM me or send me an E-Mail to the aforementioned address.

The manual:
Pulse rifle manuals in the style of a sales / information brochure. Perfect to display with your Pulse Rifle or in your Pulse Rifle case.

Features:
  • DIN A5 Format (210mm x 148mm / 8.3in x 5.8in)
  • 44 pages (including front and back cover)
  • Full color
  • Five chapters
  • All original images (no text only pages, as many images in there as possible)
  • High-quality printed in Switzerland

Here are a few sample images and a shot of the completed manual:

2DX1Syq.jpg

5kqrXhw.jpg

(Dollar bill for size comparison, not included with purchase ;) )

Cheers!
Xhiwar

Attachments

• 2DX1Syq.jpg
    2DX1Syq.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 5kqrXhw.jpg
    5kqrXhw.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Re: M41-A PULSE RIFLE manual & poster

i'm really interested in the manual (to go along with my PF and grenades) but a little hesitant due to the price. can you provide a little more info on the the manual production process itself. in other words, convince me. thanks!

Re: M41-A PULSE RIFLE manual & poster

Hey there boochydog!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post until today.
Hm, what would you like to know? There's a link to the original WIP thread and the WIP pics just above your post.

Other than that, I can tell you that I started this project a looong time ago, I believe I had the original idea in 2008. Having almost no prior knowledge in 3D modelling, I was able to get the necessary programs/licenses from an architect friend of mine. I then built the Pulse Rifle in a matter of several months, painstakingly incorporating every detail as faithfully as possible to the movie accurate rifle, taking measurements from my real firearm parts whenever possible. The result is a complex, high-polygon 3D model of the M41-A Pulse Rifle. While there already are 3D models of the Pulse Rifle to be found on the internet, most of them are either low-detail models for games or based on Pulse Rifle replicas with lots of inaccuracies. Therefore, I built my 3D Pulse Rifle completely from scratch and tried to make it the most detailed Pulse Rifle model to date.

Then came the texturing, which was a pain. The correct brown bess color is difficult to achieve on a real model, on a 3D-model with unlimited lighting options, it was simply horrible.

Once I got that far, I wasn't happy with some aspects of the rifle. I started out as a complete "noob" and learned most of this stuff by doing it, so when I began, I didn't know Turbosmooth and all the other nifty tricks. So I almost completely remodeled the rifle from the ground up. After extensive remodeling and re-texturing of the rifle, I finally achieved results that give the final renderings a very clean, professional and "corporate" feel while being as photorealistic as possible at the same time. For the poster on the other hand, I have tried to replicate the heavy "weathered" look of the Ripley Pulse rifle as closely as possible, and all the visible finger prints, nicks and all the abuse really made that poster great! You should see one of the posters in life size, the detail is pretty amazing!

Then I started with other stuff, there's the motion tracker, the "black" Alien3 pulse rifle, the smart gun and the Flamer in the manual, as well as all the ammo, the PR case etc. Once this was done, I had to get the best shots possible, which was hit or miss. You set up a shot, render it and lighting or shadows or something may be way off. Due to the large required size, re-rendering images took quite a while.

Also, since starting the project, I lost one PC during rendering the poster (9933 x 7016 pixels), the hard disk simply didn't survive it, and lost the file with most of the setup for the poster and a couple of other files. That was quite a setback. Later on, before rendering most of the manual pages, I again got a new PC and discovered that I had to completely re-setup my scenes due to some unknown error. That wasn’t fun as well.

And suddenly, about 9 years later, I was done. All images in the manual are original and created by me in 3DS Max 2010 with VRay, with post-production work done in Photoshop CS5. Then I had the manual extensively proof-read, had to design the manual page design and stick to a common theme in it. And once I was confident that I was done, I had them printed.

All in all, I must have spent an estimated 2’000 hours on this thing. It doesn’t have as many pages as the “military style” manual that was available back in the beginning of the millennium and is just a small “brochure” compared to it, but I like to believe that the imagery is quite a bit more complex. Also, back in the day when I wanted to get one of those “military style manual”, I was quoted $130 including worldwide shipping. So even though my prices may be high (and let me tell you, Switzerland isn’t cheap and shipping a single poster to the US costs me almost $20), I still think it’s not a bad deal. But hey, I made the manual for the hard-core fans like me, that’s why I didn’t print a thousand of them to sell for $10 each, because that’s an investment I wouldn’t get back. ;) Aliens isn't as popular anymore as it was 30 years ago, and right now it seems there are 742 lightsaber threads and no Pulse Rifle love to be found.

Hope that clears things up. Feel free to E-Mail me if you have any more questions.

Cheers!
Roman

I too am on the fence, I will try to watch for price....I say charge what you want to charge, just for me, it’s more then I can afford..

These need to go, I‘m moving soon. :)
The current price is the lowest it‘s ever been (almost half of the original price), and with shipping and paypal fees, it‘s almost down to the printing costs. So get them while I still have some left.

I found my stash of these after moving. If you still want one of these, let me know!
Price is still the same, $30 shipped anywhere in the world.

Cheers!
Roman

EF1E3E64-1F9C-4462-8DDA-D7108C047814.jpeg

It just arrived today, and I am really happy with the quality and the content.i really like all of it, but the sections on the other equipment flamethrower, smart gun and motion tracker is a nice bonus!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back