Luke's Severed Hand Stunt Prop from ESB

I don't know if it's easy to add, but there is some sort of washer beneath the beer tab and fake red button. To me it looks like a fibre washer/gasket, about the thickness of the beer tab
Is it for sure a fiber washer or it may be a rusty washer? Is there better reference than this one?
1679853596077.png

On a side note the washer on the beer tab rivet is a silver one, so probably it is a "folmer" top.

Love this strange, hideous-looking, but desirable hilt.

BUT…am I the only one that finds it mildly disturbing to display the hilt with a simulated dismembered hand?

“Just sayin’.”

I went ahead and placed an order for a kit.

Regarding the empty lamp socket on this hilt, maybe I missed this, but is the current consensus that the DV6 valve greeblie was originally in this socket?

IMG_8993.jpeg
IMG_8994.jpeg

Oh yes, this is definitely the same part. I assumed the same.
In the empty socket there's clearly a lot of glue with a hole (around 3mm) in the center. So the valve part possibly had a screw on the back.

detail2.jpg

I believe this was discussed before?

Good eye on the hex footprint.

From all the reference I’ve seen it looks much flatter than the dv6 thing with a smaller center hole. I can’t for the life of me figure it out, I’ll take a closer look today.

We have placed the dv6 thing on other set props and droids so we have lots of angles to compare

Haven’t looked any any other reference yet, but this is starting to look square to me
IMG_7082.jpeg

in the position of a diamond, rounded corners

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back