Lukes Lightsaber Bubble Strip

CreechMagoo

Im on the hunt for a good replica bubble strip for my lighsaber, I wanted to try to find an original one but the calculators go for up to $400 so thats not really in my budget. Wondering if anyone has any good insight into a suitable replica that I can still clamp into my saber.

Im also on the hunt for a "beer tab" so if anyone has any leads on something, that would also be fantastic
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 6.38.28 PM.png

Yes, find yourself a “Little Professor” calculator. I just got one off eBay for $10. This is what sits inside…

40FD28F9-E396-408B-ADE3-DD30A90563AB.jpeg

Yes, find yourself a “Little Professor” calculator. I just got one off eBay for $10. This is what sits inside…

View attachment 1687132
Howd you figure that out! Iv been hunting for weeks reading anything and everything with no luck other than the original exactra strips. I just ordered one on ebay for $15! I notice it has 9 bubbles instead of 7 though, how noticeable is the difference?

Ha ha, kick around here long enough and you find out these things. ;)

Correct, it has more bubbles but you can cut it down to 7. If you’re going for 100% accuracy then an Exactra is the way to go, but pricey. You’d be looking at $100+ for one. There are of course some great replicas out there which are readily available for much less.

Hope that helps. (y)

Yep, anything with 9 bubbles is okay… there are a lot. Even TI-1200s and others of the era have 9, it can be fun inspecting a bunch and finding one with a thick lens.

the bubbles are smaller, to fit 9 in the same space as 7, which you may notice the deeper you get in the hobby.

Wannawanga.com has a full bubble strip replica that you can cut and shape yourself, just like the original prop makers did. He also provides pre cut ones too

Thank you all for the help! was my first time around building a Graflex saber and I think its gonna turn out pretty good. Im doing a more personal take on the saber by incoperating my favorite aspects from ANH and ESB so ill be doing a build post soon about what iv done with all of it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back