Luke's "Jedi Equipment Box" + Interior and a year of found parts / builds.

I find it hard packing my own case for travel so no idea where i would start with what Luke would pack! Great work. You show that just because you have a budget to work with you can still get awesome results. Love it.
Packing my own case I'm absolutely useless at, but give me a fictional character and I'll happily spend hours meticulously figuring out what they'd pack and where it would go.

Thanks MrV! I'm really glad you like it. I really enjoy building on a budget, I think it forces you to come up with new ideas so that you can make the parts you have access to work in the context you're trying to use them.

Being forced to use what you've got also feels like what the original prop builders would do. If they found something that is close to what they want to use for a part, but it's got a hole in they don't go and machine a perfect one they find some greeblies to fill in the hole, meaning you end up with a different design than you'd planned, but you've also been forced to create something you never would have thought of if you'd just had a blank canvas to work with.

Last edited:
I love this idea. Looks like it was taken right out of the cargo area of Luke's x-wing. I have no doubt that I'm going to build something similar for my self. I was thinking about just building a lightsaber display/storage box until I saw this. This is better. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
I love this idea. Looks like it was taken right out of the cargo area of Luke's x-wing. I have no doubt that I'm going to build something similar for my self. I was thinking about just building a lightsaber display/storage box until I saw this. This is better. Thanks for the idea!
No worries mate, glad you like it. I'd love to see what you come up with when you're finished!

Where did you get teh stickers from to add to your box and the greeble part on the side of the box ?
I drew the stickers and built the "Maintenance port" out of a selection of vintage parts from the era. I used a few old cameras, a couple of old clocks and some electronics components I had that were era appropriate.

Here's a high res version of the warning sticker. I'll try and find the others for you later on. Use it in good health, but if you do use it I'd love to see what you come up with. (y)

Edit: Here's the "Imperial Seal" Sticker.

Attachments

• MikesWarningSticker.png
    MikesWarningSticker.png
    183 KB · Views: 68
  • MikeEmpireSeal.png
    MikeEmpireSeal.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hey Mike! Great job on the props, they look great! I believe I have an extra Kalimar hood if your interested and you need a droid caller cap for Luke’s Kobold, PM me! - Chad
Hi Mate. Thanks very much. It is actually a Kalimar hood, it's just from a Kalimar Reflex. I'm pretty happy with it and it gives me a chance to paint it to look more like a six sixty at some point. Sell it to Philtw. He seems eager and is building some Macros. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back