Luke's Belt from ANH detail Question

Wow! I have never seen pics with that detail. Do you know if they used these as prototypes and then custom made the pouches for ESB or did they recycle the same belt?

As far as I know the triangular pouch was only used for Luke's ANH costume. The double Swiss ammo pouch was more than likely used as a template to make single style pouches (as was more common) in Empire and Jedi. You can see that in Empire Luke's square belt pouches are not connected and are single. In Jedi he has a single square pouch on his belt. Yoda111, would you be so kind as to elaborate who was the maker of the original triangular pouch or country of origin? This is one of the pieces of gear that has alluded many of us for years so to finally see clear detailed pictures of it is a great asset to us!

Those rivets on the front of the pouch that hold the front flap down appear to be copper rivets. When set, these will have the look that the original has. It also makes sense that they would use a rivet as rugged and durable as that considering the harsh conditions of the battlefield.

I just received Yoda 111's pouch. I must say its a little bit shorter that my design by about 1/2 an inch and the bottom tapers back rather than straight back. I do think the original went straight back at the base. Aside from those 2 tweaks (and the shortness my be correct if it was made from an original measurement) this pouch rocks!! Very beautiful craftsmanship. Im going to ask Yoda if he can make me a raw leather version so I can color and distress myself to match my belt. Thumbs up!

Awesome! From the pictures alone it's easily the best replica I've ever seen of it! If it weren't for the fact that you can tell it's newly made, I'd swear it was the real deal.

Yeah I would have to agree that this is really awesome. I just finally got an original and paid a pretty penny for it and can shoot you some pics to get the details correct. But I have to say it fooled me when I quickly looked at it. Totally awesome.

G-man

Whats snaps are you using for the buckle. I bought some from Michaels and the stem was to short to go through the leather belt. Not sure if there was a specific one everyone uses. Funny enough I purchased the Eumig and the case and when it got here I looked at the button snaps on the bag and man I would swear that those snaps look like the same brown snaps on Luke's belt. Anyway any info on the snaps would be great.

Thanks,
G-man

utha4c,
I cut a strip of leather, rounded the ends, folded it and riveted it through the belt. It hugs the belt if that makes sense. Dont forget to put your D Rings on before you rivet and use a washer on the back side otherwise it will just pull through the belt.
Hope that helps and may the Force be with you!

What I did was purchase a snap kit from Denver Fabrics (with the correct brown tops because my local Joann's fabrics didn't have brown) and used rapid rivets from Tandy Leather factory. The long post fits perfectly through the back of the brown snap top and I set the rivet through it to secure the belt so that the buckle is permanently mounted. I originally used nickel plated brass before I sourced the brown topped snaps. But the brown is what they used on the screen used belts.

Heavy Duty Snaps 5/8 7/Pkg-Brown - Sewing Supplies and Notions

http://www.denverfabrics.com/p/NMC091749/Heavy-Duty-Snaps-5-8-7-Pkg-Brown

If you look close at my belt you can see them clearly:
MarkHamillMeMike.jpg

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/search/searchresults/1383-12.aspx

Last edited:
Psab,
Interesting way to make sure it stays on. Did you just use the 100pk medium Brass Plate Rapid Rivets for 4.00. the large looks a little too long?

Thanks for the info.
G-man

I used the nickel plated brass, but considering that the brown cap snap tops are what shows it really doesn't matter what color the rivets are because they'll be on the inside of the belt. I buy the long rivets and snip them down to the length I need with a pair of wire cutters, making sure to bend them back into shape so they fit into the back of the snap head. When I can I'll post some pictures of my process.

Gman, a few pics of the side of the original would rock. Also an exact measurement wxl would be fantastic. Many thanks.

You did an excellent job on the belt!
How did the rest of the costume turn out (robe/tunic, pants etc)?
Please post pics when you can or when finished. Would love to see them.

Sure Thing. I will have to email them to you and you are more than welcome to post them. I do not have 20 posts yet to post pictures at this time. Sned me you email address and I will send them out to you.

Thanks Bro!

G-man

Gman, a few pics of the side of the original would rock. Also an exact measurement wxl would be fantastic. Many thanks.

Hey guys,
I did not forget about the measurements guys I just have been really busy trying to get my Luke Custom done for WWE in Philly. I will certainly send shots of the triangle pouch and dimensions. Psab, are you coming down for this. I know you were at NYC comic con?

Thanks,
G-man

Sorry I'm so late in responding to this as I just today saw the post. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Philly. I'm planning on making NY ComicCon again in the fall. Once I'm home tonight I'll post some pictures of the snap/ rivet I was talking about earlier.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back