Limited Run Luke V2 Builder's Kit update post 64

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Almost every time I log onto the RPF, I see messages in my inbox asking me if I'll do another run of v2 sabers. Well, I caved and decided to do one more run, but this time it will be a little bit different and hopefully satisfy the requests of some people who couldn't get in on the last run. These "builders kits" will be nearly identical to the last run in terms of overall dimensions, but will have a simplified construction and a couple different assembly options so that you can choose which version of Luke's saber (V2, V2ANH, V3, V3post production) that you wan to tackle.

My goal with this run is to provide builders with options on which saber they want to build, and to offer a kit that is a bit more budget friendly than my last run.

The kit will consist of an emitter blade plug, emitter, forward grip, clamp/booster section, pommel, and v2 knob.
v2150_expanded_3.jpg

v2150_expanded_2.jpg

v2150.jpg

Instead of having the 5 piece emitter construction of the previous run, this emitter will be solid, with the emitter nipple sliding into it as a blade plug. The builder will have the option of screwing the emitter into the saber neck and using it a a fx kit with a 7/8 blade. Or, you can cut the threading on the back of the emitter off, and have the emitter spin on a steel rod like the original.

For the forgrip, I'll be using the leftover prototype grip parts that I got from the shop during the last run which. This part is the most expensive to machine. So using the extras that I have from the last run allows me to drastically reduce my price. These parts are almost identical to my previous run. the only difference is a 1mm difference in the bottom of the final ring and the slope of the towards the graflex clamp is a little steeper.
Here's a comparison
grip_compare.jpg

The clamp/booster section will dimensionally match the last run (but will be adjusted to fit the different forgrips)
However, the hole for the v2 knob will not be drilled. This will allow builders to make a v2 or a v3 version if they so choose. I will provide a tutorial on how to add the v2 knob if you wish to do so.The pommel will dimensionally match the last run. However, the shallow circular recess in the pommel cubes will not be present and the hole for the mystery chunk will not be drilled. This will allow builders to make a v2 or a v3 version if they so choose. I will provide a tutorial on how to add the circle in the pommel cubes and the hole for the mystery chunk if you wish to do so.

The new run will not include mystery chunks. Since the original part is unknown, I'm encouraging everyone to use this stamp in their builds if they want to do a v2
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/prod...-beveler-stamp
It's the closest thing I've found and it is actually cheaper than the machined parts I made last year.

I'll be including the d-rings and set screws.

I'm hoping to hit a price point of $150 plus paypal fees and shipping.

If you're interested in signing up for this run, please post "Sign me up for #" here. I'll try to address questions as well in this thread, but only posts that say "Sign me up" with a quantity listed will be added to my sign up list.
Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Luke V2 Builder's Kit

Sign me up for 1. So these are essentially the same thing as your last v2 run, just some minor changes that don’t really matter to allow for a more builder friendly kit. Also will trooper Trent’s v2 stencils work with this? I assume they will as you said it’s pretty much the same dimensions.
Thanks,

Matthew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Luke V2 Builder's Kit

The dimensions are nearly identical. The big difference is, the emitter construction is simplified, making it fx with a fixed emitter or static with a rotating emitter, not both like the last run. The other difference is, I've left off the booster hole and the pommel hole, so people can build it into a v3 if they so wish.

Sign me up for 1. Thanks!

I was on your v2 run. That was a "real" complete v2. This is a kit to make a (mostly) v2 or a v3 or whatever. So it's different. I will probably make a v3 out of it.

When does the sign up end/when would payment be due? DragonCon is later this month and I want make sure that I have everything budgeted before committing.

Oooh awesome!!! Sign me up for one please!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

When does the sign up end/when would payment be due? DragonCon is later this month and I want make sure that I have everything budgeted before committing.

I have already placed the order with the shop. When the parts come in (I'm guessing in a month) I will send out payment calls to everyone who has signed up and ship them on a first pay, first ship basis. When I'm out of kits, the run is over :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back