Luke Skywalker’s Dagobah DL-44

No apologies needed! I'm filing these pictures away for later use . I can't remember the name of the person I bought the flash suppressor from, but I think he's a member here (I used his eBay store). IIRC, he commented on one of my posts. The quality is very good.

Can I ask who made the flash hider?

Here are some more pics of the real stunt weapon, someone will find and appreciate it someday. :) Apologies if I'm hijacking your thread genZOD , your blaster is great!
View attachment 1433413
View attachment 1433414
And the "other one" that's in much better shape.
View attachment 1433415
These pictures really are fantastic! I wish that I had them when I was building mine! I have always loved looking at behind the scenes images & videos. My goal isn't to recreate the filming props, but to recreate fictional items--if That makes any sense. I get a kick out of holding something that looks like it IS a blaster (or whatever). That said, I definitely appreciate the effort it takes to make faithful copies of props & a would 100% lose my mind if someone let me touch a real filming prop...

Last edited:
Indeed! I'm sure that they had to stuff the tip of the flash hider to cast it. I'm assuming that this was the real barrel since it's cast from the ANH hero, and they clayed up the inside of the suppressor before molding (hence the dimples left over from the holes on the original).
oh man, idk how I missed this. That can't be the original barrel because the bull barrel ends inside the flash hider. If you look at the disassembled gun in other movies you can see the original skinny barrel is gone and this chunky thing has a flat muzzle

Here is my Dagobah blaster from May 2020. Havent updated anything since so it’s as accurate as I can make it including the full barrel. I built and colored it as if it was a “real” blaster instead of the resin prop that was used.
DCB230E6-4930-46D0-9A88-58B75F96DDE4.jpeg
50338F1A-3374-4346-A8CF-F737FBA4A79D.jpeg
7952BD94-06E4-4CEF-96CC-143A5625BE4F.jpeg
863CC503-95C8-4507-B872-638232158766.jpeg
8F5DAEF8-43CC-49D5-90AC-6B3167DFF83A.jpeg
DCC8ADAB-0632-4C11-A879-583EE4BD0132.jpeg
617D3251-1CAD-4CF8-84FD-8418BDA09FA8.jpeg
6765F478-8D80-4520-B8B4-39103E63954A.jpeg
C10706DF-FFC6-4CFC-9964-A1ECC7EF9470.jpeg
9696C891-09BA-4284-AAD7-051E6EB263BE.png

Here is my Dagobah blaster from May 2020. Havent updated anything since so it’s as accurate as I can make it including the full barrel. I built and colored it as if it was a “real” blaster instead of the resin prop that was used.
Nice! Your interpretation is fantastic. You definitely handled the inside of the flash suppressor better than I did. I may need to up my game & rework that part.

Nice! Your interpretation is fantastic. You definitely handled the inside of the flash suppressor better than I did. I may need to up my game & rework that part.
Thanks G! Just an FYI my build is using my own designed parts that are 3d printed with a MJF printer. So the weathering is not necessarily easier but it’s definitely more controllable than aluminum. So that does help..

Thanks G! Just an FYI my build is using my own designed parts that are 3d printed with a MJF printer. So the weathering is not necessarily easier but it’s definitely more controllable than aluminum. So that does help..
I hid the barrel on my blaster by cutting it pretty short -- my Denix base has a very asymmetrically drilled barrel that looked super distracting. After looking at your version, I'll probably 3D print a plug with a better looking barrel and insert it into the aluminum flash suppressor.

Personally, I kinda like the unpredictability of metal. I use it whenever I can.

Last edited:
Yea, not to get side tracked, I noticed the pistons are heavily thinned before being glued to the master and the gun cast includes the welded nuts for the original scope mount in ANH
Oh man, how did I not notice this?? When I built mine I found that the pistons didn't look right on the Lytle C96 I used (which is noticeably smaller than the Denix or MGC), just too big. So I scaled them down, thinking that the Lytle cast is just smaller. But I'll bet that the majority of what was "off" is exactly what you're pointing out, they're shortened by sanding the back quite a bit! Gonna try that and see how they look...good eye sir!

When I built mine I found that the pistons didn't look right on the Lytle C96 I used (which is noticeably smaller than the Denix or MGC), just too big.
I definitely noticed they didn't look right when I made mine... means I'm not 100% happy but thats an excuse to build another :D

Anyway, thank you! The nuts are casts of the Bespin knob. I've always been tempted to try out the theory that they cut a bespin bracket to make the S shape. Weird thing though, the bracket is THICK vertically, and less so on the platform. Maybe they built up the original with clay to thicken a mold of it? I wonder what scottjua thinks with his familiarity with the hero guns. I wish we could see underneath the bracket more too, we'd be able to see where they tac welded the threaded nuts for the ANH Hero.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back