Interest Luke Shared Stunt Version V3 2nd Run ( Payments Due )

f4a76907febcf496434cf2ce0a687eb6.jpg

Just finished installing mine!

so what you most of you use to file the tabs off on the inside of the clamp. just a circular file? thanks.

View attachment 776920

I decided to go a different route with mine...thanks for the steel neck (now to find an alternate heatsink method...).
Try Neopixel. No heatsink needed. TCSS has brand new blade fittings available . The new Nano Biscuit V 4 will run them, and they're consistently bright all the way to the tip. KR sabers has an awesome tutorial on how to build one. With the thin neck a stereo jack type connector would work better than the new TCSS parts maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1R3Wn1PcQ&t=1610s
Don Mac.

Try Neopixel. No heatsink needed. TCSS has brand new blade fittings available . The new Nano Biscuit V 4 will run them, and they're consistently bright all the way to the tip. KR sabers has an awesome tutorial on how to build one. With the thin neck a stereo jack type connector would work better than the new TCSS parts maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1R3Wn1PcQ&t=1610s
Don Mac.

I've considered Neopixel, but they aren't yet made in 7/8" thick walled (I need the saber to be duel-worthy). I'd use a stereo jack connector, but the blade doesn't fit in the neck heatsink area anyway. The TCSS NP connectors will work fine, I have a set on the way. I may have Rudy get the emitter bored to 1", so I can use thick walled Neopixel. For the premiere, I'll just use a copper tube down the neck to dissipate heat from the LED star.

so what you most of you use to file the tabs off on the inside of the clamp. just a circular file? thanks.

If I ever get to do another thin neck saber, I would mill out a recess in one side, file the tabs off the clamp on the opposite side. And let the remaining tabs fit inside the milled pocket. It would keep the clamp locked into the saber

For those of you adding electronics to your sabers, how are you securing the led lens to the heatsink? Is hot glue a viable method? Seems like the lens would fall out of the emitter without something to hold it into place...

For those of you adding electronics to your sabers, how are you securing the led lens to the heatsink? Is hot glue a viable method? Seems like the lens would fall out of the emitter without something to hold it into place...

I second a dab of e6000 this stuff works great!

I use to only be able to get it at Home Depot, though I prefer Lowe’s, Lowe’s just recently started to carry it now too!

Hey Guys,
Just posting a video of the hilt from Rudy's first run and the emitter from the second run makes a cameo. Should have made this a while ago but hope you all enjoy. Thanks again Rudy for making this hilt!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back