Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Gaffer tape can be found in all kinds of music stores. I use it all the time when running sound to tape down cables, mute ringy snare drums, etc. I bet you your local music shop would have a roll. If not, they could order one for you.

thank you, i will run into the city next weekend and check acouple music stores

Just a suggestion (to anyone with a similar issue), but if you would like to have your clamp stay on snugly without gaffer tape, it is totally possible. Once you get your lever, test tightening it (without the card in) as much as you can while allowing it to still slide over the saber into position with the lever open. If you close the lever and the clamp still moves, open it back up, slide it back off, and tighen it one more turn. If you can still slide it back on, try it again.

I agree. However if you want a little extra insurance and don't want to invest in more materials, you can simply wrap around some electrical tape. Just enough to almost go the whole circumference. Basically you are providing a surface which offers more resistance to bare metal. You can use medical tape or even masking tape too. Just make sure the width is thin enough or you don't have any tape in the area the tabs used to be so you don't see it poking through the holes.

I did this with my RussRep and had no issues.

I agree. However if you want a little extra insurance and don't want to invest in more materials, you can simply wrap around some electrical tape. Just enough to almost go the whole circumference. Basically you are providing a surface which offers more resistance to bare metal. You can use medical tape or even masking tape too. Just make sure the width is thin enough or you don't have any tape in the area the tabs used to be so you don't see it poking through the holes.

I did this with my RussRep and had no issues.

Never ever use black electrical tape (The regular stuff) on anything you care about. It shrinks, gets super sticky and makes a huge mess often. Not alway depending on the type, temp, etc, but usually. Just FYI

Never ever use black electrical tape (The regular stuff) on anything you care about. It shrinks, gets super sticky and makes a huge mess often. Not alway depending on the type, temp, etc, but usually. Just FYI

True but this is going on the hilt in a place you cannot see so it's not an issue. Additionally, if you did remove the tape and it left a sticky residue, it would be great for insuring the clamp also stayed in place. Win, win. However if for some reason you did want to remove the tape and have a clean surface, a little squirt of Goo Gone would quickly clean that up.

Bit of a cross post from my build thread, was wondering if anyone else had built a ANH era Obi Stunt V2?

I've been trying to figure out the clamp position relative to the red button on the V2/Obi Stunt picture(the red button is currently just a kebab skewer coloured in with red pen :lol)

Try as I might I cannot get quite the right angle for the picture

I'm going slightly idealised as I want to add the obi transistors as seen in some pictures, to do this I need to drill in to the clamp spacer for them to screw in to, which means the clamp will be fixed in place.

I'm assuming the red button is in the cone hole in the booster & the wire comes out of the hole for the "mystery chunk" in the pommel.

The problem with using the Russrep is that the pommel & booster are one part So the holes & D-Ring positions are fixed (& not the same as the picture :facepalm) so my wire will need to come from under the red button,

I'm guessing the pommel may be slightly rotated in the picture from where we usually see it in the ROTJ pictures but I'm not sure

if anyone has built one what did you use for your red button, I can't find anything that looks right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 166
Here's my finished V2 from Dan's excellent kit, finished with my stencil set. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440456376.338241.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440456376.338241.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 311
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440456390.828059.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440456390.828059.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Here's my finished V2 from Dan's excellent kit, finished with my stencil set. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I saw on your tutorial the weathering you did to the booster before painting. That was a step I'd completely ignored, so thanks.

I was wondering if you did any weathering to the pommel? It looks pretty beat up too in the screenshots & the Celebration pics.

I saw on your tutorial the weathering you did to the booster before painting. That was a step I'd completely ignored, so thanks.

I was wondering if you did any weathering to the pommel? It looks pretty beat up too in the screenshots & the Celebration pics.

Turtorial I'm on the hunt for it now!,

I was going to wait until I need to hang some photos, and then just use the pommel as a hammer. :)

Didn't a member here confirm that the V2 was used as a tool prop used by the Hoth Rebel troops in ESB? That would certainly account for the pommel being used as a hammer.

Not to mention the emitter ring having a serious dent/ bend in it. Using aluminum to drive a steel nail would do the trick! ; )

Hey guys, Just FYI all stencil orders have shpped out except one I didn't get an address for (and that member has been contacted via PM).

I also have extras so if you want one, now would be a good time as I can send them out the same day. Info is posted in the project runs thread.

Thanks!

Hey guys, Just FYI all stencil orders have shpped out except one I didn't get an address for (and that member has been contacted via PM).

I also have extras so if you want one, now would be a good time as I can send them out the same day. Info is posted in the project runs thread.

Thanks!
Yeah go ahead and order from trooper_trent. You wouldn't want to try to weather it as accurate as possible without stencil again. I did as good as I was able to do and I like it. I wanted to do something like this one time in my life by myself. But I'm not sure it is worth all the pain in my hands and fingers from holding the tools ;)
The next V2 if there is one in the future I'll order stencils.

Luke ROTJ Lightsaber 25.jpg Luke ROTJ Lightsaber 26.jpg Luke ROTJ Lightsaber 21.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back