Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a long time. Awesome, just totally awesome.

Great news mate. I dont wish to invite myself but it would be awesome to come & see your work? we are due to get the Eurostar back on the Sat but I would stay another night so we could hang out and be nerds, hows that sound?

Sounds good Guy, dont worry I would be happy to have you at home ! :)

Let me know once you get more info 'bout that !

From the detail of the face down to the claws on the feet I am almost speechless with admiration!!! Absolutely ice ( or is that Hoth?) cool. Fantastic.

The proud maker with the first 2 completed tauns..... you lucky blokes, I wont get mine till Nov.

Meet Jim

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

I know a lot of people are unsure about this due to the cost. I'm sure Jim would take installments if it would help you? Let me know?

I"m going to be doing a plaque run soon for some new stuff I have, if any Taun buyers would like me to arrange plaques for this piece or any other let me know. Maybe a month before I order?

Nice build, that just blows my mind away!

Everyone on this site should put all their Studio Scale builds on tour, that would be something to see under one roof!

Anybody got any thoughts on how to recreate the snow effect? I've tried wax, not much good really.

Tried these

Baking soda mixed with material paint
Baking soda mixed with PVA
Bycarb mixed as above
Games workshop snow mixed with glue & paint

I'm not getting the results this deserves so I would really appreciate some input from you modeling guru's?

Anybody got any thoughts on how to recreate the snow effect? I've tried wax, not much good really.

Tried these

Baking soda mixed with material paint
Baking soda mixed with PVA
Bycarb mixed as above
Games workshop snow mixed with glue & paint

I'm not getting the results this deserves so I would really appreciate some input from you modeling guru's?

I remember on the ESB "Special FX" TV show, they said they used a combination of Baking Soda and "microscopic glass bubbes"...have fun with that!

Brad

I used to use those microscopic glass bubbles (under the name of either cabosil or cavasil from the place I use to get it from) as filler for resin, but they don't make it anymore due to it being such a health hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back