Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. New Luke V2

Guy,

I believe, you don't sleep or you're ILM:)

I like your models and admire paint skill~!

Thanks Eric, if you really want to look at a skilled man just stand in front of a mirror mate, your work is incredible.

Just got back from a wedding & seen these in my in box, how cool do these look? Jim you've done another incredible job mate these are just perfect.

DSC01011.jpg

Looks great Guy! Are you going to add the "rivets" on the saber and paint the broomhandle brown?

Simply awesome!

Also are you going to add the "snow" effect on him?

Brad

Brad, I personally will only add snow once I have it in hand, I'm still not sure weather I want it to look as new or in a snowy scene. The Luke blaster has a much darker handle on the full size prop. The saber will be staying as is on my one as its already a vast improvement on the original but I we dont need it to go too far from the original either. Its something anyone could easily do them selves if they wanted.

The snow is a tricky one for me as I think it will end up with snow but I really don't want to receive it this way. Kind of an icing on the cake scenario!!!!
There are a few scale snow products available in the UK but I really want to try a few methods before I commit.

Brad, I personally will only add snow once I have it in hand, I'm still not sure weather I want it to look as new or in a snowy scene. The Luke blaster has a much darker handle on the full size prop. The saber will be staying as is on my one as its already a vast improvement on the original but I we dont need it to go too far from the original either. Its something anyone could easily do them selves if they wanted.

The snow is a tricky one for me as I think it will end up with snow but I really don't want to receive it this way. Kind of an icing on the cake scenario!!!!
There are a few scale snow products available in the UK but I really want to try a few methods before I commit.

Beautiful work! I believe they used baking soda for snow for some the miniature sets in Empire.

Thanks, your very correct, sadly you have to be very careful with baking soda as when its mixed with certain glues it can give off toxic fumes....... I found that one out the hard way when I was building guitars.

Oops, I meant Bicarbonate of soda is toxic when mixed.....No letters please :-0

Guy this is a real problem brother!!!:lol:thumbsup
Looks out of this world!! Would the blaster from the 12"
figure be to big for the holster?

Spectacular, spectacular work. I am in awe. :eek

Its been a while folks but we are near the end of the line with this now, Jim has had his head deep in stuff & hopefully will be completing this with in the next week or so. There's been a lot handling of the Taun so he looks a bit like he's just got out of bed but the hands are in place now & its made a big difference to overall look.

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

simple amazing work by all. Looking better and better with each new photo.

Well. I don't know what to say other than the herd is growing quite quickly now. I never thought I'd see this when I came up with the idea but what a cool way to start a day.

DSC01068.jpg

:lol If you get any more in there your going to start attracting
Wampas!!

WOW what a beautiful picture!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back