Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica? Mold completed

Quick update, Luke has landed & work begins this week, some tweeks to the armature then sculpting begins at the weekend.
DSC00837.jpg

Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Luke has Landed.

Luke was a cyborg all along?????? :lol Cant wait Guy, the figure will be a major part of this prop, eager to see that awesome clothing replicated!

lee

Argh that's Luke, ***** I thought that was the 1933 King Kong armature ! :lol

It looks great Guy, how will you do the fabric for the clothes ?

Curious: were the proportions on the Luke puppet really that far off?

Maybe thats why Guy mentioned he needs tweaking?....does look off i agree, but its early days for the rider figure too, im sure its all in hand!

lee

Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica? Molds in process

Bionic Tauntaun's here we come!!!

Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhhhhh nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh...bwoooooooooot.

Wonderfully educational thread and just fun to watch and read...

Looks more like IG88 to me!

Good job Guy.

Brad

Guys that is a generic armature that covers all body movement, like I said this will be adapted to the sculpt, I dont really think we could have such an amazing Taun with a naff Teefal type Luke, come on now.... have some faith! :lol

Quick update of sorts... New forearm's & calf sections are to be fitted as they are too short & a few other mods as well, The latex has been delayed due to the poor weather in Ohio, so hopefully this will ship Monday weather permitting! As soon as it arrives then a simple wire frame pull will be done to see what poses we can get & also to work on the Fur application. Fur trials are underway with some success but using a special wax to hold the fur together while the hide is removed didn't work too well so its kinda cool that the same glue that was used by Phil Tippett will now be used on this Taun as well. Its becoming more true to the original than I could've ever hoped for.
Thanks for the update Jim, speak to ya next week mate.

Ohio???? I'm in Cincinnati Ohio..what part of Ohio is important in this Tauntaun replication? I am very, very excited now. ;)

Ohio???? I'm in Cincinnati Ohio..what part of Ohio is important in this Tauntaun replication? I am very, very excited now. ;)

Dont get too excited, its where the latex supplier is, not sure which town sorry :cool

The first pull is done, I havent got long as Im on my way to the airport in 5 mins but here she is in all her latex glory. The molds worked perfectly. Luke should be ready to start t the weekend, & this now means the fur tests can begin asap
DSC00838.jpg

Last edited:

Looks awesome! Now get some fur on that beast or your Tauntaun will freeze before she reaches the first marker.

Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. First Pull

Guy, sweeeeet :lol Looks super nice and sharp. Have a safe flight, have to catch up soon bloke!

lee

Aw man, I've just caught up with this thread...now there's something else cool that I want to have. Definitely seems like all things 'Empire' are getting the full treatment at the mo' eh, Lee :)

Great project Guy. Really looking forward to seeing the Luke figure sat astride the beast.

N

Agreed Nick, too long many of the ESB props were just not replicated, be it, nigh on impossible, or just too darn hard to ID and build.

So much has changed in the past year, and were now seeing so may cool items from the best in the Trilogy, Cloud cars, Snowspeeders (ahem lol) ATST's, and now of all the most insane, a real deal, stop motion Taun :eek

lee

Needa's TIE Shuttle ! :D Well that was just the TIE Bomber without the sensor :p

Awesome Guy, I'm very jealous, that's a top notch job, cant wait to see it dressed with the fur !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back