Luke Hero Prop vs 7 Chamber/Phoenix

Yeah, the Hero has been in the archives and on various tours over the years.

I'm not sure I'd use the word enigmatic to describe it, there's quite a bit of reference out there.
Is it consolidated anywhere? There’s gotta be a thread somewhere on this, right?

I have pretty small hands so maybe this will be accurate to me at least

The guys at phoenix props mentioned on facebook that the replacement grenade section would be a bit longer too.

Oh I'd missed a few of these posts, good to see it's being addressed by the maker and the length too. I've got this hilt kept away for the moment and will bust it out when the updated parts come in. I'm happy with the hilt as is in terms of width and length but obviously having he updated 'grenade' section is a big plus.

Also it's good to come here and have a civilized discussion about this hilt. Man the Facebook crowd are so aggressive... I'll have to hang out here more.

Oh I'd missed a few of these posts, good to see it's being addressed by the maker and the length too. I've got this hilt kept away for the moment and will bust it out when the updated parts come in. I'm happy with the hilt as is in terms of width and length but obviously having he updated 'grenade' section is a big plus.

Also it's good to come here and have a civilized discussion about this hilt. Man the Facebook crowd are so aggressive... I'll have to hang out here more.

Can you link me to this Facebook thread?

If the only issue was that too much anodizing was removed, could the issue not be resolved by simply repainting the grenade section and masking the rings properly?

If it were me, I'd paint the sucker no matter what, since that's how the original was done. I don't need no fancypants anodizing!

My 7Chambers prop is on the way, and is destined to become an FX build. However, I’ll still be down for the Starkiller version, too, as a screen-accurate, static replica. It’ll be interesting to compare them.

If the only issue was that too much anodizing was removed, could the issue not be resolved by simply repainting the grenade section and masking the rings properly?

If it were me, I'd paint the sucker no matter what, since that's how the original was done. I don't need no fancypants anodizing!
I've read it's also a tad to short BUT this is being remedied with the new grenade.

F116EF2F-8CF1-41C3-B634-AD7219D39C1C.jpeg B0DD9682-1B6E-4761-8167-02736A2F479D.jpeg D13C965F-0A68-450E-81DC-E764962DD7CE.jpeg 084BA139-3F0A-4FE0-8910-A7F3DC3DB0C0.jpeg

Took some time in between breaks at work to do some mods on this.

I am happier with it now. Until the remade ones comes in.
Tri ring, box chamfer, and shaved down grenade ring section.

Might take a stab at the arrows and screws later on

Very Nice! Interestingly there is a chap here in the UK selling a prototype 7 chambers hero he's had installed by JQ sabers. It has the thinner rings. Shame it's LED and not Neo with Proffie.

56781211_10215288913752418_6968029162913136640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

56896990_10215288914592439_4594400441508298752_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

View attachment 1008937 View attachment 1008938 View attachment 1008939 View attachment 1008940

Took some time in between breaks at work to do some mods on this.

I am happier with it now. Until the remade ones comes in.
Tri ring, box chamfer, and shaved down grenade ring section.

Might take a stab at the arrows and screws later on

That definitely looks better! Nice work on the box and grip rings, the black looks a teeny bit too glossy, but hey, maybe you like it that way!

That definitely looks better! Nice work on the box and grip rings, the black looks a teeny bit too glossy, but hey, maybe you like it that way!
More like “I’m not done yet”.
Especially with the input of other RPFers.
The base is nice. It’s a primer/satin black but I quite like going in with steel wool and matt clear to help it feel more ‘used’.

Might still go in and tighten up rings 3 and 5 from the bottom to match the reference.

Another issue with accuracy that I’ll have to fix now that I’m analyzing it...
The arrow plate. The spacing on the centerline for the arrows seems good but they were milled not lasercut, so they appear much smaller than they should. The screws are obviously undersized as well and incorrectly positioned.
B0D19F63-1F17-453C-BF3C-4AED9A76537B.jpeg

Hi. I come here to the experts for some honest feedback on the recent Hero run noted in the title.

Facebook as some debate over the length of the hilt in comparison to the original prop. As we all know FB ain't the best place for facts.

Is this replica accurate in its length....

How long was the original prop or is this not known?

Thanks in advance.

I think what you might see is that..as claimed by Phoenix Props and 7 Chambers although the rings are wrongly machined they claim they can make up this sizing difference in the grenade. If you look at my last comparison picture I personally think that proportionately the rings are correct in relation to the body. It looks like the EMITTER might be made bigger to compensate for being able to have a stouter blade socket.
The ultimate issue is that the WHOLE lightsaber is scaled too small. If it is 29 cm and the emitter is scaled up; a grenade section made longer won’t fix that and it’ll make the ‘proportions’ worse.
So essentially the whole thing needed to be bumped up in scaled somewhere between 2 & 4%
My theory on this could be reinforced by the screws on the control box. If upsized by around 2 to 4% a standard tap panel screw that’s bigger would make a LOT of sense

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back