Anakin ROTS Hero Comparison - MR LE vs. ROTSFlex vs. Aniflex vs. Low Ground vs. GE Legacy

Thanks for the comparison! So many options now compared to the days when everyone was after an Orbital Machining one.

I had the Aniflex which looked great but I didn't like that button activation for fx (which I didn't realize was placed there until after I ordered). Modding it for clamp activation looked like more headache than it was worth so I ended up selling it. I almost ordered the Low Ground but I'm waiting and looking forward to Starkiller's version. I think AS mentioned it won't be fx capable which is fine with me at this point.

I have the Aniflex Gen 1, but it's a static, so I don't have to worry about activation.

I did, however, 3D model and print a more accurate copper eye, then painted both buttons with a two-part metallic candy orange color, which is close to the MR look.

I have the Aniflex Gen 1, but it's a static, so I don't have to worry about activation.

I did, however, 3D model and print a more accurate copper eye, then painted both buttons with a two-part metallic candy orange color, which is close to the MR look.
Yeah in retrospect, I think I should've kept the Aniflex and just kept it static. I think 7C offered replacement buttons at some point? The Low Ground buttons look too dark unless there's reference images I haven't seen. I'm sure AS's version will be phenomenal.

Yeah in retrospect, I think I should've kept the Aniflex and just kept it static. I think 7C offered replacement buttons at some point? The Low Ground buttons look too dark unless there's reference images I haven't seen. I'm sure AS's version will be phenomenal.

I actually did get those replacement buttons, but I ended up liking my own paintjob better.

That way, it's also consistent with the repaints I did on the Korbanth Obi-Wan ROTS neck and Vader ROTS copper buttons. All three have a consistent coppery-orange accent color, now.

Here are those repaints I did, by the way. The replacement copper eye I made looks so much better. The Aniflex Gen 1’s too-flat eye (which they subsequently addressed with Gen 2) doesn't look “right”. And the candy-orange color looks so much better on the Korbanths than the stock brown-copper look.

IMG_5935.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm watching this group like a hawk in the hopes that someone is able to pinpoint what Hayden used in the ahsoka flashback scene. I'm really hoping it is a ready made prop so we can all jump on it and grab one. Understanding how a production works, the goal is to stay within budget. Considering how much time Anakin is shown, its way cheaper and quicker to buy one ready made than be bothered to build one using the archival blueprints plus that saber would need to be modified to accept electronics. The funny thing now is the saber will now be place in the lucasfilm archive so that anytime they want to wheel out Anakin, they are good to go.
Via Anakin Saber Club (FB): Cardboard Cutout Shop

Capture.jpg
Capture2.jpg

I think those bunny ears and control box pretty much confirm it is a TXQ MK1 that they used :lol:

Last edited:
If you scroll above, you'll see that under that lighting - the Low Ground button colors closely look similar to the Mustafar or #138 prop. However, after more look after all this time, I think it's simply just the lighting that makes that prop's buttons look dark red like the low ground. Because when you see this other picture of that same prop:

Capture.jpg

You can see that the buttons are actually more of an orange tone, like the Aniflex :)

Either way, Im also looking forward to Daniel's version, if it ever happens....

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 59
**Comparison - Part 2**

Hey everyone,

I hope everybody is enjoying the holidays!

After the recent hype from Ahsoka Episodes 4 & 5, a lot of hilts were theorized to have been used by Hayden as his Belt-Hanger and the Stunt saber (Refer to Pages 2 & 3 for more details) - The ones that were on the list at first were the Master Replicas (Belt-Hanger) and the SP Spinflex (Stunt). However, after more examination of shots taken from Episode 5, it was agreed that a TXQ hilt was used as both the Belt-Hanger and the Stunt. The stunt was just modified by taking the control box out.

At first, it was theorized that they used a Gen 1 of the TXQ since there's at least one visible difference between the Hilt they used versus the current version that TXQ is selling. However, after doing a little bit of research I concluded that it couldn't be a Gen 1 since the following is ACTUALLY the Gen1:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, the Gen 1 has a brushed or at least what is clearly an aluminum clamp section.

Capture2.jpg

As seen in Ahsoka, it is very clearly a Chromed clamp.

I had a talk with James Xie (TXQ Rep and Designer) to try to see if I could get an idea of the version they used, but the truth is that the TXQ Anakin has had A LOT of minor Revisions, each one trying to get closer to what we see in Revenge of the Sith and it's really hard to track down which version exactly it is that they used in Ahsoka. We can definitely infer that it is one closer to the Latest version they are selling though.

With that said, I did grab a TXQ recently after a high certainty that it was used in the Show (Even if it's a slightly newer version) and I decided to compare it to my 7Chambers Aniflex which is considered the most accurate to Revenge Of The Sith.

**Bunny Ears** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG20231122133712.jpg
IMG20231122134830.jpg

The TXQ/Ahsoka seems to have more of a Flat or Square shape to the Ears, while the Aniflex/ROTS has more rounded ones.

Also interesting detail: The TXQ/Ahsoka seems to the Copper Button holder sitting more flush while the Aniflex/ROTS sits a little out.

**Brass Pins** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG20231122134056.jpg
IMG_20231122_141922.jpg

TXQ/Ahsoka pins seem less straightened out with a "base" at the bottom and a different shape than the Aniflex/ROTS ones.

**Blade Plug/Emitter Pin** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG_20231122_141652.jpg
IMG_20231122_141936.jpg

TXQ/Ahsoka pinhas more of a detailed shape with a crevice(?) while the Aniflex/ROTS has a straight pin with a base at the bottom. In addition, the Aniflex/ROTS has a slant at the mouth of the emitter.

**Emitter Curve** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG20231122133801_LI.jpg
IMG_20231122_142213_LI.jpg

TXQ/Ahsoka has more of an "S" shaped curve while Aniflex/ROTS has more of a tangent-shaped curve.

**Buttons (Glasseye and Copper)** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG_20231122_142118.jpg
IMG_20231122_141953.jpg

IMG_20231122_142129.jpg
IMG_20231122_142005.jpg

The TXQ/Ahsoka buttons have more of a dark red copper finish while the Aniflex/ROTS have a more Orange Marbled/Bakelite finish.

**Clamp Knurling** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG_20231122_141743.jpg
IMG_20231122_142017.jpg

It seems to me that while the Aniflex/ROTS knurling section is chromed, the TXQ/Ahsoka is polished aluminum, maybe kept from the Gen 1 version shown above, which had an entire aluminum clamp.

**Clampcard & Gold Switch** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG_20231122_141820.jpg
IMG_20231122_142027.jpg

IMG20231122134511.jpg
IMG_20231122_142045.jpg

As seen, the clamp card on the TXQ/Ahsoka sits more recessed in the control box, while the one on the Aniflex/ROTS sits more flush and even. It also seems to have deeper and thicker circuitry "grooves". In addition, the control box Black part seems to have two small screws that hold the switch mechanism together.

When it comes to the Gold Switch, the Aniflex/ROTS seems a little paler and more like polished brass compared to the Gold look of the TXQ/Ahsoka one.

An interesting detail though is that compared to the version I'm showing, the one in Ahsoka has a longer switch:

Capture.jpg

This, plus the current version's body being brass seem to be the only changes from the version seen in Ahsoka.

**Grip Section (And Covertec Alignment)** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG_20231122_141841.jpg
IMG20231122135546.jpg

TXQ/Ahsoka grips are made of rubber whereas the Aniflex/ROTS has ones made of plastic. However, the interesting part to me is the alignment of the covertec wheel - On the Aniflex, it's properly aligned but on the TXQ it almost lines up with the Glasseye button. But interestingly enough, that isn't the case as seen in Ahsoka. It's possible that they used Timing Shims to align theirs since the TXQ Hilt is infamous for improper clocking. But it also could be the case that they got a properly clocked one.

**Pommel** - TXQ (Left), Aniflex (Right)

IMG20231122134631.jpg
IMG20231122135634.jpg

One of the things that made us determine that it was a TXQ that they used is the pommel. Like in the show, the pommel has a seam as if it was removable. Other hilts have this feature too, like the LGT Anislayer, 89Sabers Skinnyflex, or Elf ROTSFlex but like in Ahsoka, the TXQ doesn't have any detailing or patterns like the Aniflex/ROTS - which the others have some sort of pattern. This one is solid with only the little "hole" in the center.

With all this said, I hope you've found this as interesting as I have. I had a comparison video to go with this in the works, but it had to be postponed to a cold I'm currently having :sick: As soon as I am well enough though, I plan to get back up and running with it!

Thanks for reading! And eager to hear everyone's thoughts

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG20231122133801.jpg
    IMG20231122133801.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20231122_142213.jpg
    IMG_20231122_142213.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
Does anyone know the difference between the TXQ MK1 and the subsequent version(s)?
The real MKI had a brushed clamp. Later it was changed to fully chromed. If you're asking about the version used in Ahsoka vs. the one they currently sell, it's that the one they currently sell is chromed brass (previously aluminum), and the Gold Switch is slightly shorter (more accurate to ROTS)

The real MKI had a brushed clamp. Later it was changed to fully chromed. If you're asking about the version used in Ahsoka vs. the one they currently sell, it's that the one they currently sell is chromed brass (previously aluminum), and the Gold Switch is slightly shorter (more accurate to ROTS)
hey man, sorry to intrude, i thought the one Used in Ahsoka had the longer gold switch, which would be the MK2 aluminum no? also aluminum is lighter which is a common material to use for belt hilts in star wars, that way actors can move and don't drag clothes down. Please let me know what you think of this

Does anyone know the difference between the TXQ MK1 and the subsequent version(s)?
yea I've had all 3 Mk1: upside-down bunny ears, brushed aluminum mid-section, and popped-out control slamp. Mk2: fixed bunny ears, chrome mid section, better button system, also internals much more user friendly, Mk3: brass alloy, redder, shiny buttons, shorts hold switch, different ventilated pommel, as well as new display one. Better internals with removable chassis and recharge port

hey man, sorry to intrude, i thought the one Used in Ahsoka had the longer gold switch, which would be the MK2 aluminum no? also aluminum is lighter which is a common material to use for belt hilts in star wars, that way actors can move and don't drag clothes down. Please let me know what you think of this

Yes, the one in Ahsoka used is the the longer gold switch earlier version. I’m just comparing this one since that one is no longer offered and the only difference visually is the gold switch

Yes, the one in Ahsoka used is the the longer gold switch earlier version. I’m just comparing this one since that one is no longer offered and the only difference visually is the gold switch
it is interesting though, I think it would make more sense, to have a V3 be sold because they needed it modified for the Ahsoka show. But if they used the V2 for the show, then why would they change the material, as well as the smaller details? Ofc the display pommel is a must, but that could have been easily added to the V2

it is interesting though, I think it would make more sense, to have a V3 be sold because they needed it modified for the Ahsoka show. But if they used the V2 for the show, then why would they change the material, as well as the smaller details? Ofc the display pommel is a must, but that could have been easily added to the V2

You have to keep in mind, TXQ didn’t know they used it for Ahsoka. They modified it after feedback was given and to make it more accurate to ROTS and also heftier, before they found out about it being used in the show

You have to keep in mind, TXQ didn’t know they used it for Ahsoka. They modified it after feedback was given and to make it more accurate to ROTS and also heftier, before they found out about it being used in the show
Ohh that makes sense from that point of view. Do you think if they have Anakin in upcoming projects they would use the TXQ version 2? Or they would use the new one? If so you think it will ever be documented like the prop guides for the original trilogy? Perhaps in Ahoka “Gallery” episode

Ohh that makes sense from that point of view. Do you think if they have Anakin in upcoming projects they would use the TXQ version 2? Or they would use the new one? If so you think it will ever be documented like the prop guides for the original trilogy? Perhaps in Ahoka “Gallery” episode

It’s hard to say. They might, they might not. I’ve talked to the person from LFL responsible for having them use the TXQ. Basically they asked him if he could provide a replica from his own collection. He was gonna provide a 7Chambers Aniflex but after they destroyed his Roman’s Inception Elite for the Kenobi Show, he decided to provide the TXQ since it was the cheaper option.

It’s hard to say. They might, they might not. I’ve talked to the person from LFL responsible for having them use the TXQ. Basically they asked him if he could provide a replica from his own collection. He was gonna provide a 7Chambers Aniflex but after they destroyed his Roman’s Inception Elite for the Kenobi Show, he decided to provide the TXQ since it was the cheaper option.
oh wow really? I love that kind of detail, how did they destroy it if it's the main hero props, or did he provide a stunt?

oh wow really? I love that kind of detail, how did they destroy it if it's the main hero props, or did he provide a stunt?

They destroyed it to make the Hero Prop, it's a combination of the Master Replicas LE and the Roman's Inception. In a panel at LA Comic Con, property master Brad Elliott confirmed this by stating 2/3 of the prop was MR LE while the rest was Roman's

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back