Anakin ROTS Hero Comparison - MR LE vs. ROTSFlex vs. Aniflex vs. Low Ground vs. GE Legacy

Hey there everyone! I am fairly new to this platform so bear with me to get around this thread.

I am a big fan of Anakin's Episode 3 Hero lightsaber and ever since I got my first one I wanted to do a comparison of some of the best ones out there in the Market right now, so here you have it: The Master Replicas Limited Edition from 2005, the ROTSFlex from Korbanth/KR Sabers/Elf Sabers, the Aniflex Elite from 7Chambers, the Low Ground from SP Sabers, and the Legacy Anakin hilt from Galaxy's Edge.
Now, I know that there are other popular ones that are missing in this comparison like the 89Sabers Skinnyflex, LGT/Nexus Anislayer, or the TXQ Skinnyflex, but these are ones that I got a hold of and ones I consider to be the most popular ones in my opinion.

Shoutout to Sharkinajar from the r/Lightsabers discord for providing his ROTSFlex for comparison.

Comparison1.jpg
Comparison2.jpg
Comparison3.jpg
Comparison4.jpg
Comparison5.jpg
Comparison6.jpg
Comparison7.jpg
Comparison8.jpg

I wanted to create this thread mostly to have a discussion over this beautiful hilt and see what your thoughts were.

Now just for fun since this is also a big topic of debate, I wanted to compare the Aniflex Elite and the Low Ground to the Auctioned Hero Props and what I came up with is that the Aniflex Elite is based on a combination of both the First and Second Auctioned Propstore Hilts, and the Low Ground is based mostly on the First Auctioned Propstore Hero.

Although the Aniflex Elite does have the same "Bakelite" finish on the buttons as the First Auctioned Hero, the tone and coloring resemble something like the Master Replicas or the Azarian hilt more.
AniflexVAzarianButtons1.png
AniflexVAzarianButtons2.png
AniflexVFirstButtons1.png
AniflexVFirstButtons2.png

Aniflex on the Left, auctioned hilts on the right.

The Low Ground buttons, I think, resemble the First Auctioned Hero more.
LGVFirstButtons1.png
LGVFirstButtons2.png

Now let me just clarify that although they look like black in some pictures, they are not black. They are more of a dark copper, and do not look so dark in person. I tried to capture this with my lightbox. Low Ground on the left, Auctioned Hero on the Right.

I watched your video comparison, the other day. It was excellent.

Personally, I have the MR static, MR FX, and Aniflex V1 (on which I painted the buttons a proper metallic copper).

Also with the pommels, the Aniflex pommel resembles the Second Auction Hero more while the Low Ground pommel resembles the First Auctioned Hero more.
AniflexVSecondPommel.png
LGVFirstPommell.png

Again, replicas on the left and auctioned Heroes on the right.

I saw someone claim the grips on the SP Sabers Low Ground were too low and needed to be raised a few mm to be accurate to the prop. Is that what you’ve seen, or does the grip position line up with the specific prop it was replicating?

I saw someone claim the grips on the SP Sabers Low Ground were too low and needed to be raised a few mm to be accurate to the prop. Is that what you’ve seen, or does the grip position line up with the specific prop it was replicating?

Yeah, this is true. They are a bit lower than they should be. But to be fair, this is the case as well with the Aniflex Elite since the grips came pre-attached with this hilt. I haven't gotten around to doing so but I probably should adjust them.

Wonder why the KR/Elf/Korbanth has squared off bunny ears. Is this based off a version of the screen prop?

The ROTSFlex from Korbanth is the only one that seems to have replicated the contrasting matte finish of the midsection band to the high luster of the rest of the hilt which is the same on the MR LE. Is this correct on the hero prop?

The ROTSFlex from Korbanth is the only one that seems to have replicated the contrasting matte finish of the midsection band to the high luster of the rest of the hilt which is the same on the MR LE. Is this correct on the hero prop?
By hero prop, if you mean the Screen-Used Resin Casts A.K.A. the Propstore Hilts, then no. The ROTSFlex/Knight AS3 from Korbanth/KR Sabers replicated the Master Replicas Limited Edition, which most likely replicated the Master Prop known as the Azarian hilt:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

What do you think about the prop that was used for the Ahsokas ep. 5?
Very interesting. I’m a bit surprised and glad at the same time that they went with the Episode 3 Anakin hilt rather than Graflex, since they went with that for the Kenobi show.

But from what I’ve been looking at and reading, it seems they’ve used three props: A Spinflex (Episode 3 Stunt), Belt Hanger Hero Hilt, and a modified stunt from a Hero Hilt.
759C494F-5C54-42F7-8B03-B64154AC35EC.jpeg

For the Spinflex, it's theorized that they possibly bought Spinflexes from SP Sabers and modified them for FX.

EADD26AB-8BDF-41A7-9A6E-0340DA1B4D28.jpeg
F4DDF5E3-3E6C-4F20-B837-1F0C2819E4E0.jpeg

For this stunt, it's possible that took a regular Hero and modified it (Took the control box out, etc.)

6F2DFA67-A250-4EC7-B861-265C9F9FCD76.jpeg

And finally for the Belt Hanger, it's definitely Anakin's from Episode 3. It's possible that it is a completely custom prop, but it's also theorized that it they used a TXQ Anakin. The one on the left is TXQ, the one on the right is the Belt Hanger

Very interesting. I’m a bit surprised and glad at the same time that they went with the Episode 3 Anakin hilt rather than Graflex, since they went with that for the Kenobi show.

But from what I’ve been looking at and reading, it seems they’ve used three props: A Spinflex (Episode 3 Stunt), Belt Hanger Hero Hilt, and a modified stunt from a Hero Hilt.
View attachment 1740998

For the Spinflex, it's theorized that they possibly bought Spinflexes from SP Sabers and modified them for FX.

View attachment 1740999View attachment 1741000
For this stunt, it's possible that took a regular Hero and modified it (Took the control box out, etc.)

View attachment 1741001
And finally for the Belt Hanger, it's definitely Anakin's from Episode 3. It's possible that it is a completely custom prop, but it's also theorized that it they used a TXQ Anakin. The one on the left is TXQ, the one on the right is the Belt Hanger
I haven't seen any evidence of the small neck on the stunt. Just the faux control box. Is there any shots that show the spinflex
neck?

I haven't seen any evidence of the small neck on the stunt. Just the faux control box. Is there any shots that show the spinflex
neck?
Not really. I think this is a prop with out control box, lower grips and made with aluminium. I can say this cause at least for me has sense, using this kind of prop allows you do all that kind of spins and movements

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back