Limited Run LTD RUN: Studio Scale Y-Wing Nurnies, Limited to 30 Sets

Taking new orders now, for October 2020 delivery at the soonest (December 2020 at the latest). PM me if interested.

Pricing as follows:
1.) INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - $370 for Complete Set of EVERYTHING molded that is Y-Wing related and a LOT more -- multiple molds of multiple pieces and subassemblies included (typically enough to make 2 Y-Wings). This order includes dozens and dozens of greeblies that don't go on the Y-Wing, but can be used on other Star Wars and/or Studio Scale sci-fi models. N.b. This order includes a bunch of extras, but is in no way "guaranteed" to give you enough to make 2 Y-Wings, it's just what many have told me in terms of "Wow, so generous!" kind of comments.

2.) UNITED STATES ORDERS - $350 for the Complete Set of EVERYTHING, same as above, Shipped Locally.

3.) $250 - Complete Set of NEW Castings of New Subassemblies, with fewer individual pieces, and many more "complex multipart subassemblies", with a much smaller number of total pieces needed to glue on to the armature and complete the Y-Wing. This set is cheaper because in production it uses a LOT less resin, and is only enough greeblies/subassemblies to make one Y-Wing. This order does not include any extra non-Y-wing greeblies, and only gives you enough greeblies needed to complete one Y-Wing.
4.) $270 - Same as #3, shipped Internationally

For either set, it is first-come, first-serve: once the latex hits 30 pulls, the molds really do start to lose detail and/or break down, and suddenly the quality is pretty far off, so this second batch run will likely be the last of the Y-Wing castings I do for some time, as it is very time consuming, my wife hates it, and the money made is not really worth the time required, but rather just a means of recouping my original investment on original kits. This means you can wait to order until October 2020 if you need to wait. But it also means that if you order now and pay now, then you get the guaranteed first pulls from the new molds and thus the very best castings that require the least amount of clean-up, putty, sanding, filling, etc.

Delivery in 1 year? Absurd long time !!!
Resin parts can be casted in a few hours.
What is the reason why a work of a few hours last years?

My guess is that while casting is quick, making the molds can take much longer, especially if you have hundreds of parts.

Mangalore,

I once waited two years for an Animatronic Death Star Turbo Laser turret from Germany, without knowing in advance it would take that long. And it really was worth the wait. So I'm just trying to avoid that same level of frustration and disappointment by giving folks a very realistic window of when these will be produced and shipped.

This is an "absurd long time," but it's the best I can do, given life circumstances. That's why it's fine if you wait to order until October, so then you only have to wait a few weeks. I'm just trying to communicate clearly so people who want them can know what to expect.

Best,

SK

I can not say enough on how great the cast parts are but also how awesome of a person that Studio Kitbash is.

Please know that it took a lot of time for Studio Kitbash to research the Y-Wing (his own notes, forums and more). Over time, he acquired the kits needed by spending a lot of his hard earned cash.
Thinking on how to reacquire funds he had spent... offered the community castings at a phenomenal price.

I agree that Oct 2020 seems like forever.
I can say by having the (MANY) parts in hand from Studio Kitbash, It is definitely well worth the wait for anyone who places an order.

This time also allows the buyer to get the other parts needed for their build such as and not limited to... Fuselage parts printed, cockpit, Saturn V rocket etc..

So I am left wondering why your still reading.

Order now before it is to late!

January 25, 2020 update: This Run is now open and accepting orders again.

New molds are not yet made (and that may indeed take until October), but meanwhile I am once again producing limited numbers of full sets.

For those interested, please PM me.

N.b. - these sets are also quite useful if you are NOT building a Y-Wing but want to start collecting pieces for a 5-footer Millennium Falcon, as there is a lot of overlap among the greeblies.

Last edited:
I can not say enough on how great the cast parts are but also how awesome of a person that Studio Kitbash is.

Please know that it took a lot of time for Studio Kitbash to research the Y-Wing (his own notes, forums and more). Over time, he acquired the kits needed by spending a lot of his hard earned cash.
Thinking on how to reacquire funds he had spent... offered the community castings at a phenomenal price.

I agree that Oct 2020 seems like forever.
I can say by having the (MANY) parts in hand from Studio Kitbash, It is definitely well worth the wait for anyone who places an order.

This time also allows the buyer to get the other parts needed for their build such as and not limited to... Fuselage parts printed, cockpit, Saturn V rocket etc..

So I am left wondering why your still reading.

Order now before it is to late!

I second this. I've got a set and the quality is absolutely sky high. I'm lucky to have a number of the well known Studio Scale replicas for comparison. All are excellent castings, but these are the embellishment or replacement detailing you need. You can't tell the components apart from the original styrene.

I also make "crap" castings accidentally, and sell those as "seconds" for half price. If you're interested, most people tell me they are a.) just as good or b.) just as good on the top-side (i.e., display side), but that about half of them require putty/filler on the underside (the side that gets glued to the model armature). So if you've got a lot of Corona Quarantine Time on your hands but not a lot of cash, this is also a pretty good option.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back