Low Budget Prequel Jedi

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This year for Halloween I'm working on an "original" Prequel Jedi character. I wanted to do this relatively cheap, so I bought a costume off Amazon. It wasn't too bad (for $60 not including boots) but it did need some adjusting. The boots cost more than the whole costume. Anyway, I've finished my adjustments and for the price I'm pretty happy. So here are some pictures!!

Test pictures...
The Jason Jedi Costume 2021.jpg

Here's a little photoshop fun...
The Jason Jedi in action.jpg

Nice costume ... and only if you feel like it ... just add some weathering to blend in with the used-future star wars look ... i.e. dunk it shortly in some luke warm water with a teabag or some coffee, create smears and smudges to give it that lived-in appearance.

One thing I recall from wearing a Jedi costume at Celebration Europe 2 ... get used beforehand to walking in those boots, especially if they are brand new, wear propper socks inside and at the big event bring some special band-aids for blisters with you ... had I known this at the time I would have come prepared ... alas walking down hill through the park to the event site in my oversized ROTS boots with socks too thin was a big mistake ... next day I was the only jedi knight wearing my precious ROTS costume ... with just my simple sandals on :confused:

Chaïm

Yes pretty nice costume for 60 bucks i am amazed by the price! Generally you get that kind of costume for 300$. I might buy it as well but I dont know yet ...I have Rey Staff Perfect aged replica so I thought about doing a Gender Bend Rey Costume for my Jedi...Being a bit more original than the classic Jedi Robe set... :D

Sym-Cha Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Shoguno It's amazing, Cosplay has become main stream enough for things like this to be available on Amazon!! There are so many Cosplayers out there you can find anything!! Thank you for the comment.

Looks great to me! may I ask how big of a guy it would fit? I’m 6’1 and three hundo, but would like to be a Jedi for Halloween. I don’t mind if it takes some alteration to fit.

DoubleD the costume I picked comes as big a 4X. As you can see I'm a short fat guy. I bought the 4X and took it way in and had to shorten it like crazy, so I imagine it would fit you no problem. You may even fit in a smaller size. Check the sizing chart. I got it off Amazon. Here's a link Amazon Jedi Costume

When I made my costume for Cel 1 in Denver I put pockets on the inside of the tabards to keep my wallet and con pass easily accessible

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back