Lost in Space Season 1 Pistol

Force Commander

Sr Member
Picked this up at the dirt mall today for $16. Did I get a good deal?

Attachments

• 20170402_153103.jpg
    20170402_153103.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 342
Great! It didn't seem like much. I was surprised to find that it appears to all be in working condition. At this point I designed all the 3D files to convert it and am printing now. I have made a few tweaks that may not be quite right, but seem correct to me, so my fingers are crossed that it comes out well.

Thanks everyone!

Took a number of screen shots. There's an unbelievable number of variations. I guess that gives me a lot of wiggle room.

- - - Updated - - -

13.jpg12.jpg11.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 219
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 220
Being more of just a TOS Star Trek phaser lover,
who can please tell me a little about this Remco Okinawa Pistol?
Was it Remco's closet legal attempt at a Lost In Space pistol?
Loving and growing up on Lost in Space I have no idea why I didn't invest more interest and passion for these rayguns:cry
What a sweet prop for some to build, and seeing this just brought back some childhood memory's:)

No, It was used by the Prop dept to build the pistols

What Apollo said. They toy came out and the prop builders used the toy to make the prop guns. This was typical practice back then.
Have you watched the Batman 66 series? That show was lousy with found props!

A member on another board worked a Fox back then, and he said that it was a merchandising deal that Fox was trying to do that fell through.

The REMCO Okinawa Pistol also know as the Grenade Pistol, was used in two toy lines. In olive green and black in the "Monkey Division" line. The pilot rifle was the Okinawa rifle. The Grenade Pistol was finished in chrome plating and black for the "Hamilton's Invaders" line, this is the one I had. The H.I. version was used as the Tracker's LASER pistol in the movie "Cyborg 2087". In the late 60s, the Grenade Pistol was marketed as a "Star Trek" toy, I had that version too.

I think that there are so many variations because it was a toy, and the plastic was not up to the stress of prop work. So they made resin versions for different purposes, and only used the hero version when they needed to see it light up, or in closeups.

They had to change the design for the second season, because if they were going to market it, then they couldn't use REMCO's design as the base.

David.

Thank you all:) I'm guessing Force C got a great deal!! Haven't quite looked online to see just how much they are going for as I didn't know how the props were made..
Funky, what is Batman 66?:unsure It's not the old series?
Now all this new info got me excited a bit for something new to try but i'm just a big newbie to prop building other than my Star Trek phasers where I just modded them to have lasers and few extra metal parts on some.
Need to find the Lost in Space series either on TV or DVD somewhere at least to refresh and start.

The prop had two main versions.. the "hero" had light bulbs, "sights" on top and a clear plastic tube for the "emitter"

heroemitter.jpg

The "dummy" lacked all the "sights" and the "apple corer" ring at the front. The Emitter on the dummy was solid.

striped-gun--sky-pirate.jpg

- Karl

Here's my build from a vintage Okinawa pistol.
The battery pack is fiberglass and the sight pieces are machined from brass.
I machined a front emitter holder from aluminum and added the acrylic tube at the end that was painted with
red transparant paint.
Still need to add bulbs in the emitter and that clear dome in front of the battery pack.

lostinspaceseason1pistol.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back