lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

And these two pieces are one piece, not two. You can see the matadors shoulder on the front and the top part of the cape in his hand on the back.
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-23-27~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-22-45.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-24-58.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-24-19.png

I also think the main matadors cape is cut into three sections. The top half being on the back of the left sleeve, the bottom on the right sleeve, and there in a middle portion left(a strip) and I think that's whats on the right collar under the skull and crossbones.
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-39-37~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-41-38~2.png
Capture+_2021-04-23-21-18-54.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-02-49-26~2.png

Last edited:
The blue, green, and black piece above the snake lady is the corner of the leopard tapestry which we already know, but the orientation is a bit vague. I believe it's the corner with the hemmed sides facing forward and toward the sleeve. See the little green squiggly I'm pointing to for reference.
Capture+_2021-02-25-03-04-28~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-25-03-02-48~2.png

Last edited:
So I finally finished this beast after a year of research and collecting, I think I spent around $600. I want to thank everyone who helped me, especially Charlie tearz. It took me about 50-60 hours to cut, position pieces/ patches, and sew. I started with the leopard and snake lady then the peacock and matador. The back of the leopard will over lap the back piece so don't sew that part until after the lower back is on, but the front peacock I had the back piece over lap it under the arm(I intentionally did them opposite) I don't know if that's how it was done but it seemed correct to me, I over lapped by about 1"-2". Then I did the lower back, use the lower back pieces and center of jacket for the placement of the top pieces on the back. The tiger lady doesn't over lap the matador piece, but I think she does a very small part of the bull body on the left, so the bull would need to be sewn before the tiger lady. Note the strip with the three leopards on the back is sewn crooked. Also, the back matador will overlap the sleeve a little so don't sew the right half that goes on the sleeve until you finish the sleeve. Then sew the top shoulder pieces, use the top shoulder pieces for a center point of reference for the sleeve pieces. Before you cut down the tapestries double check your placement against real photos, not from other peoples jackets. The only fan jacket I can say is almost perfect is the Vinnytats. Also the stunt and hero have small differences in the tapestries and placement so you can follow one or the other or a combination of both. I highly recommend buying some sort of form, I posted info for a cheap one on ebay. Before you sew on pieces of tapestry or patches use the T-pins for placement and put the jacket on the form then check it against pictures. This is the way I did it except I didn't take my own advice on a couple of small things being in a hurry and certain small details on my jacket are wrong. The most notable is after I was done I realized I cut the lower left back piece wrong, I will explain this in another post. Also, too much of the lower portion of the snake lady is showing. I had it right and then went to sew it and I didn't notice it had moved. I noticed it when I went to sew in the patches because it threw their placement off a little. We're only talking less then a half inch, but that small detail snowballed. I don't care enough to tear it apart and redo it, but I wanted to warn others. Another is the leopards on the back are reversed, and I didn't make the strip crooked enough, mine needs to be lower on the left about another 1" or so. I may or may not fix it, it's a lot of sewing to fix. Also another mistake I made was not leaving enough extra for fraying 1/4"-1/2" extra is not a bad idea. I didn't plan on fraying mine but looking back I wish I would have made some pieces a tiny bit bigger. I think the movie squid skirts a smaller than 12", maybe 10", the 12" just look alittle too big to me. Some notable changes I may make in the future are downsizing the anarchy patch one size smaller from Contrado mine seems just a little too big, making the Warriors patch 9.5" instead of the 8.5", and look for some better squid skirts.
Resized_20210228_082905.jpeg
Resized_20210228_082731.jpeg
Resized_20210228_082531.jpeg
Resized_20210228_082136.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finally finished this beast after a year of research and collecting, I think I spent around $600. I want to thank everyone who helped me, especially Charlie tearz. It took me about 50-60 hours to cut, position pieces/ patches, and sew. I started with the leopard and snake lady then the peacock and matador. The back of the leopard and peacock will over lap the back pieces so don't sew that part until after the lower back is on. Then I did the lower back and over lap the front pieces over the back pieces under arm approx. 1"-2" overlap. Use the lower back pieces and center of jacket for the placement of the top pieces on the back. The tiger lady doesn't over lap the matador piece, but I think she does a very small part of the bull body on the left, so the bull would need to be sewn before the tiger lady. Then the top shoulder pieces, use the top shoulder pieces for a center point of reference for the sleeve pieces. Before you cut down the tapestries double check your placement against real photos, not from other peoples jackets. The only fan jacket I can say is almost perfect is the Vinnytats. Also the stunt and hero have small differences in the tapestries and placement so you can follow one or the other or a combination of both. I highly recommend buying some sort of form, I posted info for a cheap one on ebay. Before you sew on pieces of tapestry or patches use the T-pins for placement and put the jacket on the form then check it against pictures. This is the way I did it except I didn't take my own advice on a couple of small things being in a hurry and certain small details on my jacket are wrong. The most notable is too much of the lower portion of the snake lady is showing. I had it right and then went to sew it and I didn't notice it had moved. I noticed it when I went to sew in the patches because it threw their placement off a little. We're only talking less then a half inch, but that small detail snowballed. I don't care enough to tear it apart and redo it, but I wanted to warn others. Another is the leopards on the back are reversed, and I didn't make the strip crooked enough, mine needs to be lower on the left about another 1" or so. I may or may not fix it, it's a lot of sewing to fix. Also another mistake I made was not leaving enough extra for fraying 1/4"-1/2" extra is not a bad idea. I didn't plan on fraying mine but looking back I wish I would have made some pieces a tiny bit bigger. I think the movie squid skirts a smaller than 12", maybe 10", the 12" just look alittle too big to me. Some notable changes I may make in the future are downsizing the anarchy patch one size smaller from Contrado mine seems just a little too big, making the Warriors patch 9.5" instead of the 8.5", and look for some better squid skirts.
View attachment 1431014
Outstanding! (y) I'm so jealous right now.

One of the mistakes I made after I already cut the peacock tapestry, even after studying the pictures, is I cut the lower left back piece incorrectly. Depending on which way your peacock is facing will dictate how you cut it. Both have the red sky toward under the arm, and both have the building on the bottom. The difference is the direction of the building and the bushes are different.
Capture+_2021-02-28-10-29-58~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-28-10-30-25~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-28-10-30-46~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-28-10-32-33~2.png

Last edited:
Amazing work Pennywise!

I guess cause there were many versions of the jacket and other peoples replicas being so close to the originals that they look original makes future jackets get slightly confused or not accurate in some places, that's why I stuck to the promo pics jacket really. I bet you feel a sense of pride wearing the jacket after completion :-D

Quite funny as Alex signed the jacket he said when he went for his audition they had all the jackets on the floor to pick from, and him being the first at the auditioning picked the Marko jacket and that's how he got Marko, imagine if he picked Dwayne's or something haha. At a UK convention, I see like 3 Marko jackets, 1 being myself. Mine was like a middle tier in terms of most accurate, and there was another guy who I swear must have owned an absolute original screen jacket it was that good, very aged, all patches looked absolutely flawless.

Anyway, I'm now making my second jacket and remodifying my current signed one, scored this beauty few days ago. In total awe finding it. Just to give others out there a sense of rarity, I search almost daily in the past 3/4 years and only found 4 of these tapestries, 2x I own, 1x from a person who loves cats and won't sell, and a blue version which isn't accurate. I do have an original one of her but the border is not accurate, this one is. I will take some pictures if anyone wants to when I have it.

il_1140xN.2871663272_jddm.jpg

Amazing work Pennywise!

I guess cause there were many versions of the jacket and other peoples replicas being so close to the originals that they look original makes future jackets get slightly confused or not accurate in some places, that's why I stuck to the promo pics jacket really. I bet you feel a sense of pride wearing the jacket after completion :-D

Quite funny as Alex signed the jacket he said when he went for his audition they had all the jackets on the floor to pick from, and him being the first at the auditioning picked the Marko jacket and that's how he got Marko, imagine if he picked Dwayne's or something haha. At a UK convention, I see like 3 Marko jackets, 1 being myself. Mine was like a middle tier in terms of most accurate, and there was another guy who I swear must have owned an absolute original screen jacket it was that good, very aged, all patches looked absolutely flawless.

Anyway, I'm now making my second jacket and remodifying my current signed one, scored this beauty few days ago. In total awe finding it. Just to give others out there a sense of rarity, I search almost daily in the past 3/4 years and only found 4 of these tapestries, 2x I own, 1x from a person who loves cats and won't sell, and a blue version which isn't accurate. I do have an original one of her but the border is not accurate, this one is. I will take some pictures if anyone wants to when I have it.

View attachment 1433403
Awesome find! Yeah, take a good picture of her and make sure there is enough "red" background in the shot, I'm sure everyone would be appreciative. You have all the luck man! Where did you find that one?
Thanks for the kind words on my build. Actually I would never fit that, I'm a XL and that's a Med./Lg. I built it for display in my prop room. I'm not 100% happy with it though and have already started building a 2nd one. I'm gonna sell my first one on etsy, I'm sure someone there will be super happy to buy it, I'm just a perfectionist to a fault. I think I'll post it on etsy closer to Halloween for like maybe $850 that seems pretty fair to me considering I spent over $600 just on the pieces.

Last edited:
Yeah got lucky finding them 2x tapestries, all I can say is if you put in the effort and time you get rewarded, this jacket in the future will only be rarer since the tapestries are all rare, to begin with. I found it on Etsy but it wasn't named lady chariot wild cats or anything like that it was semiramis. It is a Ha-Va-Ti tapestry too, I know some tapestry are RJ / ATC etc.

I think you would easy get 1k for your jacket, the effort finding them tapestries alone is hard work.

Yeah got lucky finding them 2x tapestries, all I can say is if you put in the effort and time you get rewarded, this jacket in the future will only be rarer since the tapestries are all rare, to begin with. I found it on Etsy but it wasn't named lady chariot wild cats or anything like that it was semiramis. It is a Ha-Va-Ti tapestry too, I know some tapestry are RJ / ATC etc.

I think you would easy get 1k for your jacket, the effort finding them tapestries alone is hard work.
Ah, very cool. Yeah, I'd be really torn cutting into them, especially now that Contrado has the Chi-Chi Furnishings Velour, it's very close. If I did cut one up I probably wouldn't wear the jacket, it would be for display only. Now you gotta find the Tiger Lady ;)

You want to know what's rarer that the two lady taps (which I luckily have now) --- The bit of paper that came packaged with them originally stating their names! Those I'd LOVE to see!!! Some amazing detective work in this thread... Well done all :)

I've typed all sorts of names on Etsy and ebay for this one. It's called "semiramis"?

pennywise - I've seen those titles before but I doubt the slip of paper that the tapestries came with had long titles... They'd have been simple like "Cave Lady" or "Cleo" - I've even spoke to the son of the HA-VA-Ti company and he couldn't even remember the names! I've spoke to Ramallah Trading Company (RT) also and they couldn't remember either! I did a lot of digging but then when I sourced both of my tapestries I gave up researching (such a weight was lifted)

Here's what the slip would look like...
s-l1600.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back