lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

Paid $10.00 and drove about 40km to get it. I can't find the right facing peacock so I think this will do and it was an absolute steal.
1613943683271.png

I'm 5'9" and not quite 120 so I do get where you are coming from, though I'm not quite as thin as you! I will say, the difference between men's small and men's medium is not as drastic as the difference between a men's cut and a ladies cut. The jacket also becomes pretty stiff and heavy when you sew the tapestries to it. They're pretty much like chunks of carpet, so some extra wiggle room is nice for ease of movement.
I'm just going back to all the comments regarding the jacket and wanted to ask if using a Levi's ladies trucker jacket would work here. Is it too light for the tapestries?

5 mm round cup metallic sequins.
12" squid skirt green/yellow,
orange/ blue.
Vintage black Levis jacket size 40 (medium/ large) with the pockets, cuffs, waist cut off.
Contrado- "Ladies" chichi furnishings velour. Patches canvas sewn with an overlock stitch.
Eagle, skull & cross bones, winged wheel (Ebay).
Large patch lot (PopCoutureCrafts Etsy).
Flamming skulls, warriors, sunglasses skull (SweetlySynnD Etsy).
View attachment 1414804View attachment 1414805View attachment 1414807View attachment 1414808View attachment 1414812View attachment 1414810View attachment 1414809View attachment 1414813
Ah. The buttons have been removed. I was wondering what needed to be done at this part.

Ah. The buttons have been removed. I was wondering what needed to be done at this part.
AND the pockets, that includes the inside ones, don't cut the stitching though otherwise the jacket will fall apart. To keep the jacket shut the movie jackets used black metal clasps sewn on the inside edge, this is a verifiable fact. I'm using Dritz size #3 black hook & eyes. From the pictures it looks like that's what they were, 3-4 of them. Probably for the motorcycle scenes.
dritz-hooks-and-eyes-size-3-14-ct-black.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just going back to all the comments regarding the jacket and wanted to ask if using a Levi's ladies trucker jacket would work here. Is it too light for the tapestries?
Good question! Mine is a light wash, so a dark wash or a black one might be a little different. It's a bit lighter weight than my other denim jackets, might have a little bit of elastic because it feels like a smoother weave with a tiny bit of give. I would be a little hesitant to sew tapestries on the light wash jacket I have, but I also feel that the distressing process they use to make the jackets lighter wash thins the fabric out a bit.

So, it might work? You might have a hard time figuring out how to fit all the images/tapestries on it, it is quite a bit more fitted than a men's jacket -- narrower sleeves, closer fitting body, shorter torso.

AND the pockets, that includes the inside ones, don't cut the stitching though otherwise the jacket will fall apart. To keep the jacket shut the movie jackets used black metal eye hooks sewn on the inside edge, this is a verifiable fact. I'm using Dritz size #3 black from the pictures it looks like there are only 4. Probably for the motorcycle scenes.View attachment 1428972
That's interesting. I had no idea you needed to sew hook & eyes. So would that be for every buttonhole along the edge or just a few?

From studying pictures it looks like 3 or 4. Defiantly not every button hole though. Here is info from the sale of one of the real ones, it states the use of clasps. I looked and they appear to be black #3 eye hooks. NOT the bigger coat hooks.
Capture+_2021-02-22-09-56-26.png

Last edited:
From studying pictures it looks like 4. Defiantly not every button hole though. Here is info from the sale of one of the real ones, it states the use of clasps. I looked and they appear to be black #3 eye hooks. NOT the bigger coat hooks.
View attachment 1428988
This is a great link! I wish you can zoom in more to see the clasp and the details but other than that I don't remember coming across this site before!

They could be black skirt hooks too instead of eye hooks but the skirt hooks would seem to be a lot harder to fasten. The eye hooks would be much easier to hook and they don't look wide enough in the pictures to be skirt hooks.
s-l400.jpg

So I had the back Tiger Lady's leg printed for the back of the left sleeve and it came out good IMO. I used the same fabric as her obviously and had Contrado print a "sample". Here are the specifications and pictures.
20210224_160955.jpg
IMGP0799-1 (1)~2.JPG
Capture+_2021-02-18-20-09-42.png
The-Lost-Boys--Marko-jacket-replica-2~3.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been working on my jacket here is a list of supplies I've been using include: Fiskars scissors, tapestry needles, regular needles, black upholstery thread for tapestries and most patches, regular tan and red thread NOT cotton(weak and sews crappy) for the ladies, regular black and white thread for a couple of the smaller felt patches, transparent thread for the sequins(super hard to see sewing LOL!), thick black embroidery thread for the squid skirts, T-pins I found worked best for this project, thimble(a must!), a black plastic male torso mannequin(SUPER helpful to get proper placement of tapestries on sleeves plus you can use as a display for your jacket only $43 shipped on ebay.
20210224_173140.jpg
Capture+_2021-02-24-17-51-21~2.png

Last edited:
Since I've been making my jacket I've been studying the pictures of movie used jackets and also the Vinnytats jacket. I have to say I am really impressed with the attention to detail of the Vinnytats jacket and only found some very small inaccuracies not even note worthy. A really excellent job and looks spot on.
Anyway, something I noticed and I don't believe has been discussed is the small piece of black and white fabric on the back of the left sleeve under the Warriors patch. I'm fairly certain it's the back portion of the bulls body and part of the stadium above it. It's under the warriors patch and extends onto the sleeve. I'm not certain, but I think it extends under the Tiger Lady tapestry, so you would need to sew it on before the Tiger Lady. I think it's placed similar to the matador piece on the other side of the Tiger Lady on the back but a smaller piece. The Tiger Lady is not centered but shifted to the left. I'm not sure why they didn't center her because they could have, but it isn't.
Capture+_2021-02-24-18-37-38.png
The-Lost-Boys--Marko-jacket-replica-2~3.jpg
Capture+_2021-02-24-19-10-04~2.png
Capture+_2021-02-24-19-11-26~2.png

Last edited:
So I've been working on my jacket here is a list of supplies I've been using include: Fiskars scissors, tapestry needles, regular needles, black upholstery thread for tapestries and most patches, regular tan and red thread NOT cotton(weak and sews crappy) for the ladies, regular black and white thread for a couple of the smaller felt patches, transparent thread for the sequins(super hard to see sewing LOL!), T-pins I found worked best for this project, thimble(a must!), a black plastic male torso mannequin(SUPER helpful to get proper placement of tapestries on sleeves plus you can use as a display for your jacket only $43 shipped on ebay.View attachment 1429875View attachment 1429876
What are the T pins used for? (Yes that transparent thread is awful to use. I've used this on another denim project I've been working on.)

What are the T pins used for? (Yes that transparent thread is awful to use. I've used this on another denim project I've been working on.)
The T-pins hold your tapestries and patches in place. Works waaaay better than regular sewing pins. You need to use transparent thread for the sequins, regular thread looks crappy, I tried it.

The T-pins hold your tapestries and patches in place. Works waaaay better than regular sewing pins. You need to use transparent thread for the sequins, regular thread looks crappy, I tried it.
Good to know. Fabric stores just opened after a near three month lockdown here. Bought some paints at Michael's today. Line up was long. I imagine the fabric store being worse.

Good to know. Fabric stores just opened after a near three month lockdown here. Bought some paints at Michael's today. Line up was long. I imagine the fabric store being worse.
Most of those supplies you can get from Walmart's sewing department and a lot cheaper than a fabric store

Since I've been making my jacket I've been studying the pictures of movie used jackets and also the Vinnytats jacket. I have to say I am really impressed with the attention to detail of the Vinnytats jacket and only found some very small inaccuracies not even note worthy. A really excellent job and looks spot on.
Anyway, something I noticed and I don't believe has been discussed is the small piece of black and white fabric on the back of the left sleeve under the Warriors patch. I'm fairly certain it's the back portion of the bulls body and part of the stadium above it. It's under the warriors patch and extends onto the sleeve. I'm not certain, but I think it extends under the Tiger Lady tapestry, so you would need to sew it on before the Tiger Lady. I think it's placed similar to the matador piece on the other side of the Tiger Lady on the back but a smaller piece. The Tiger Lady is not centered but shifted to the left. I'm not sure why they didn't center her because they could have, but it isn't.View attachment 1429900View attachment 1429901View attachment 1429902View attachment 1429903
Huh, I was thinking that was maybe part of the vegetation from the leopard or the peacock on the sleeve, but you may be right! I'll have to look at some of the refs myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back