lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

I'm genuinely curious what these jackets are costing to replicate at the end of the day, on average. I still want to make one, but that's a "down the road" project.

The patches will run you $150 - $200. You can print the hard to find Cleo & Snake Lady for around $40, so it just depends on how lucky you get on the Tapestries and the cost of the Base Jacket. I'd say $500 - $600 is a reasonable expectation, but possibly less if you get lucky on the Hunt.

Last edited:
Ok, opinion time... which Warbird do you like best? The one of the left (which I ordered from ebay and sent the link to a few people) looks great, but the Mouth is missing the gum line detail... the one on the right is like the one I currently have. (I drew in the gumline detail on my jacket)

Screenshot_20200817-153248_LiteCollage.jpg

View attachment 1340337

Ok, opinion time... which Warbird do you like best? The one of the left (which I ordered from ebay and sent the link to a few people) looks great, but the Mouth is missing the gum line detail... the one on the right is like the one I currently have. (I drew in the gumline detail on my jacket)

View attachment 1340336
View attachment 1340337
I like the one on the right more, personally.
Might draw the sharp teeth on mine (as I also ordered the left one).

I sewed in the Gumline, but didn't realize there is a white field that has to be removed between the Skull and the Wings... View attachment 1340349
Instead of removing it, I wonder how terrible it would look if painted over with fabric paint and a textile medium. Or even use of a black marker.
Might be two options to consider.
Obviously it wouldn’t be ideal. But it’s such a minor imperfection on the patch.

View attachment 1340336
View attachment 1340337

LOL y'all are over thinking it. First off if your concerned about screen accuracy, neither is accurate because the screen used jackets Warriors patch was not embroidered they were hand painted, you can clearly see that on the stunt and hero jackets. Second, the "correct" measurement of 8.5"X6" is just a guess and has never been verified. The patch off ebay is 9.5"X6.5" which seems a little big, but who's to say that isn't the correct measurement. Personally I like them both equally and I wouldn't even worry about that extra white part. The patch I had made was from your template Charlie (hope you didn't mind). ;)
20200821_175355.jpg

LOL y'all are over thinking it. First off if your concerned about screen accuracy, neither is accurate because the screen used jackets Warriors patch was not embroidered they were hand painted, you can clearly see that on the stunt and hero jackets. Second, the "correct" measurement of 8.5"X6" is just a guess and has never been verified. The patch off ebay is 9.5"X6.5" which seems a little big, but who's to say that isn't the correct measurement. Personally I like them both equally and I wouldn't even worry about that extra white part. The patch I had made was from your template Charlie (hope you didn't mind). ;)
View attachment 1340447
Don't mind at all my Friend! I post as much as I can in hopes it helps anyone who wants to make one of these!

You're right though, we don't really know the true size at the moment... perhaps one day someone with access to a Hero or Stunt Jacket will be able to clear these things up, for the moment just judging by pics I'd think this is close to correct, perhaps even a little small in my opinion... and I only base that on this shot from the Video store where it looks Larger by comparing it to the rest of the visible parts of the back..
20200824_195301.jpg

View attachment 1340452

I found another Patch Maker and had her make the Skull & Sword patch based off the original. It turned out pretty good, but I had to Stitch in some small details on the Cheek Bones, and teeth.

Here's the Stitched on one the left, and the unaltered one on the right:

20200826_073703.jpg

Contrado does sample runs for $9. I'm having the black and white skull and the anarchy patch made on 14.7 oz. canvas. The swatches are 8"X5.75" so I scaled down the image on their app to what I felt was close to 4"X6" (we'll see if it works) ;) If they work then I will have the patches sewn with the " overlock" stitching at my local taylor. I will post an update when I get them.
Also, I'm having the flamming skull made and paying the digitizing fee for the set up if anyone else wants one from popcouturecrafts. I'm having the flamming skull patch made at 5" wide X 3" tall, I think that is close to the correct size judging by the pictures.
10341540_10154230929435037_8116710699073709318_n_zpsa1e6a99d~2.jpg
20200814_201106~3.jpg
Capture+_2020-08-25-10-51-46~4.png
Capture+_2020-08-31-09-10-51.png

Last edited:
So this appeared last night about 7pm UK time, instantly bought it, couldn't believe my eyes when I randomly searched. 4 years searching almost daily and it's the first I've seen a red version on sale. I know the border isn't the correct one but I have the border already pinched off another tapestry from Pegasus. Just goes to show if you take your eyes off searching you miss items, if you look you get lucky haha. Still in a bit of shock scoring it, worse thing is going to be cutting it up as it's actually really cool to have on a wall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-192240_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-192240_eBay.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 140
So this appeared last night about 7pm UK time, instantly bought it, couldn't believe my eyes when I randomly searched. 4 years searching almost daily and it's the first I've seen a red version on sale. I know the border isn't the correct one but I have the border already pinched off another tapestry from Pegasus. Just goes to show if you take your eyes off searching you miss items, if you look you get lucky haha. Still in a bit of shock scoring it, worse thing is going to be cutting it up as it's actually really cool to have on a wall.

NICE! I'm jealous! Was is being sold from the UK or the US?

I personally wouldn't cut that. You can get a nearly identical print made for the piece, but these are SO rare... if I had known Contrado was an option when I got mine, I wouldn't have cut it I don't think...

Yeah debating whether to cut or not haha I think I'll do contrado until it is practically same as the tapestry.

It was in the US, if you have UK address it sometimes doesnt show searches or items first but I have an address for someone I know in US to send items too which now gives more search results.

So I got the patches from Contrado and they are 4.5" X 6.5". That is roughly 1/4"-1/2" larger, but I can live with that. If someone is interested, I went to the "sample" menu and did the "portrait" format, up-loaded image, first clicked on auto-fit, then clicked down-size three clicks. That's what I did. If you click down one more, I think they will be too small.
20200908_111718_Burst01.jpg
20200908_111645.jpg
Capture+_2020-09-08-15-15-58.png
Capture+_2020-09-08-15-13-58.png

Last edited:
So I got some more of the patches today. I got the correct 3" skull and dagger to replace the incorrect one, it's much better. I'm also very happy with how the viking turned out. The new repent skull though is "OK" in my opinion. The issue I have with it is it's alittle lop-sided, but also it's 3-1/4" and not 3" like it's supposed to be. I had some issues already getting things resolved with the maker on some other things so I'm not going to worry about a 1/4", it's not that big of a deal to me. Maybe one day I can up-grade to a real one. Also I have been told they don't have time to digitize the flamming skull right now, so I will explore other options on that.
20200916_172629.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back