lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

Just to spark some discussion, any thoughts on Paul's belt? Looks like a gothic/fetish belt, there aren't many good references. The strap with the metal O-rings that hangs down too, not exactly sure what it is or how it's attached. I ordered some O-rings to make my own, those fetish belts are surprisingly expensive.

it cracks me up that the convo has gone here because i literally just last week finished my paul belt, lol. i met brooke in alantic city and he said it was a bondage belt, however if so, it does not look like any standard, available bondage belts, so a trip to tandy leather fixed that. the one somewhat clear pic i have of paul belt, shows it DOES NOT buckle like most do, it instead has a clasp. once i realized this i knew that the dangling part, couldn't be the tail end of the belt folded over like i originally thought. i SUSPECT that is is merely a matching bondage bracelet clipped to one of the belt rings. there are several promo photos and scenes in movie where this part is absent, so i'd say that supports this theory. i just need one more clasp to attach bracelet to belt and done

Hey bdude, I also thought it was just the end of the belt at first and came to the same conclusion. It's awesome that you got to meet Brooke, and even quiz him about the outfit. I plan on doing something very similar with mine, thanks for the info on the clasp! Looks like you found yourself some broochs too, neat. Don't forget the suspenders!

The chain on the right side of the coat, is that a half persian 3 in 1?

EDIT: My gaiters finally arrived today! They're great!
DSC_0384_zps1c05729c.jpg

Paul's:
the-lost-boys_beaa796f2_zps32adf1e6.jpg

Here's the odd thing...for whatever reason, Paul is actually wearing his....backwards. The leather part at the front actually goes at the back. During the bathtub scene is seems like he's wearing them correctly, though. I'll post a photo wearing them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Big props (major props in fact) to anyone who's replicated this jacket - Talk about a novelty item! Talk about a niche market! I myself have been trying to make one as well since February of this year and have had a lot of help along the way from bdude93 and Vinny - both great dudes! I'm happy to help anyone too if I can. I've taken the strategy of sourcing all the material needed first before I start putting anything together, so I don't have any pics to share right now. But I will take several for people here to see once I finally get under way. As most of you know, that freakin' leopard is dang hard to find! I can't tell you how many times I've had one slip through my fingers - Probably to some of y'all reading this!!! Haha, it's all good, I can't blame you! At any rate, cheers to everybody. - BCR

Oh yeah, one thing I wanted to ask any Marko jacket replicators here: What kind of scissors are y'all using to cut the taps? I have two types of scissors for cutting fabric. One pair of scissors has straight blades, and another has jagged blades like teeth. I used both to practice on for when I finally cut, but can't quite figure out which ones would work better for the fraying the jacket needs and whatnot. At any rate, what do you think. - BCR

I just use straight scissors, but I cut the pieces at least a half an inch bigger than what I think I will need so that when I pick at it and fray it, it doesn't come up too short . Actually cutting the tapestries was the most nerve wracking part for me, because you get this feeling of "I only have one shot at this".

Hahahaha yup just got same ones off eBay myself! Too funny! If anyone needs Paul brass brooches (usually hidden on safety pin side) let me know, I can cut and patina them.

Here's the gaiters dressed up. The pants still need to be distressed.

The right way.
DSC_0392_zps11b019a1.jpg

The 'Paul' way.
DSC_0394_zpscb92ef29.jpg

The problem with wearing them like Paul's is the strap that goes underneath is barely long enough to attach to the buckle. It's tight, so every time you take a step it feels like they might break. You'd have to punch an extra hole in the straps to wear them like this 'comfortably'.

I also want to get some vintage military boots to wear with these. These boots are quite flat and small.

Last edited:
What are you using for the black under part? Do you make that yourself ? Also what kind of pants are you using? I just recently noticed his lace up at the crotch. Most times hidden by the belt

The pants are Shire's Saddle Hugger Jodhpurs. They have an extra piece of wear and tear fabric sewn on the inside of the knee/calf area which I removed. They're zip up. I'm still looking for something better but these are fine for now. The black things are Shires synthetic adult gaiters.
Thanks Charlie!

After about a billion years I finally received my coat today, and it's way too big. I'm gonna go to an alterations place tomorrow and see if they can at least take in the waist, so it doesn't look too ridiculous on Saturday night. I'll post some pics of the 'finished' costume on Saturday. It's definitely still a work in progress as I had to cut some corners to get it done in time, but I plan to have a better, updated, version by Halloween.

Straight from the horses mouth regarding Paul's pants!!!! Super cool dude!!!!

I just landed these...

- - - Updated - - -

Also caught this in the background of American dad and thought you Marko jacketeers would get a chuckle... Heh

- - - Updated - - -

Post a snap of the jacket !!! If it helps, there's a QUICK shot in video store where u can see Paul from behind and there's some kind of small chain acting as sort of a cincher between the two back buttons of the morning coat. If you cinched it tight it could make it look how u need...
After about a billion years I finally received my coat today, and it's way too big. I'm gonna go to an alterations place tomorrow and see if they can at least take in the waist, so it doesn't look too ridiculous on Saturday night. I'll post some pics of the 'finished' costume on Saturday. It's definitely still a work in progress as I had to cut some corners to get it done in time, but I plan to have a better, updated, version by Halloween.

Hahaha dude, nice find! You found the pants! You're too good at this. Thanks again for the info mate, Brooke does seem like a great guy!
The jacket isn't done up yet, I'm keeping it bare until I find out whether I can get it altered. I did notice the chain in the bathtub scene, it shows for a split second!

Love the Dwayne jacket and necklace. I'm trying to peice a costume together this halloween, any way you could help point me in the right direction as to where to get the jacket and necklace?

IMG_20140826_202149777.jpg

Its not much but here's the custom ripped jeans I made for Dwayne's outfit. I have been watching still clips of the movie very closely trying to get everything I need down to a t. Just ordered a USSR 3x5 flag on eBay for $5.99 shipped. Dwayne wears one on his left back side, its hard to see in the film but its there. Dwayne also has two rings on his left hand along with random bracelets. Doing more research to find out what they are the best I can. Defiantly OCD on this project here lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back