Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The

Re: Huge Middle Earth Map! Free Paper Prop!!! Mad Skilz!

Hey, what have been the best ways to print/weather these?
Also +1 for a re-up please :thumbsup.

Frikkin amazing work. I really want to get this thing printed.

Thanks Adam!

I want to get it printed, weather it, and mount it on a nice piece of wood. I don't know what this kind of framing is called.

Hmmm... I downloaded the map, but can't open the file. The map is in a rar file. Is there any free software I can get to transfer it into pdf so I can open this and get it printed? Any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm... I downloaded the map, but can't open the file. The map is in a rar file. Is there any free software I can get to transfer it into pdf so I can open this and get it printed? Any help would be appreciated.

WinRAR can open the rar file, and PosteRazor should allow you to save the .tif file into a .pdf file.

Last edited:

I would just like to say Thank you to Adam for creating a very unique map that I have been lusting after since the 70's, and for everyone else who has shown their own versions for the inspiration, and for all of the guys who keep the downloading links active. thank you very much.

Thanks Adam, I wonder if the will notice if this appears on the living room wall!

Just a thought benhs1898 posted that he wanted to print the map and mount it on wood. Is there anyway the map could actually be done as a woodcut? Possibly a CNC router cut it out? It would make one heck of a wall hanger then. Especially if it was painted afterward.

Just a thought.....

Just a thought benhs1898 posted that he wanted to print the map and mount it on wood. Is there anyway the map could actually be done as a woodcut? Possibly a CNC router cut it out? It would make one heck of a wall hanger then. Especially if it was painted afterward.

Just a thought.....

That would be freakin awesome!

Anyway, I made one :D Went to my local print shop and had them print it out on normal paper (the cheapest way possible :D) so that the height was 36". I then aged it with balsamic vinegar and burned the edged because I thought it would look cool :cool

Anyway, here is my result!

Thank you soooooo much for this map Adam!

you can download from a link in the map, I read that these will not open! thanks:)

It seems after two years of sitting dorment, all the links in this thread have gone bad. Does anybody have a new link to the 15mb map file?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back