Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The

asavage

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay dudes. I was outed recently on this board. It's true, I'm a lurker.
Howdy.

Anyway, I was looking at the paper props thread, a particular passion of mine, and I thought: "Hey, why don't you finish off that Middle Earth map you've been drawing for months and pass it on to the dudes at the RPF?"
I had a couple of hours on a plane this morning, and I finished it.

This thing is totally fabricated by me using Illustrator and (mostly) photoshop. It's main form is traced off of Tolkein's original map and that of his son. Any map from any book was also consulted for details about things like the shire, et. al.
There's gotta be around 50 hours in here.
I placed every tree, every mountain (lots of copying and pasting)

When certain geographic features were in conflict, the text was consulted (really, I'm that geeky) for accuracy. Every detail I can think of is in here.

Anyway, here's the small version of the map.

http://homepage.mac.com/mistersavage/.Pict...dle%20Earth.jpg

and on this page, There's a huge JPEG (15 megs)
http://homepage.mac.com/mistersavage/PhotoAlbum8.html

Because of the size of this thing, it won't be there forever, but at least for a few days. Feel free to distribute it at will, it's currently 36x31 inches, at 300dpi.
It IS however, a JPEG. If someone out there wants to do a run of these for the group, I only ask for one, and I'll supply a 50 mb tiff on disk.

I can't do this for everyone, so only ask if you're serious please.

Finally, if you spot any errors, please let me know, I'll correct them on the layered PSD that I have. Email any corrections to adam@adamsavage.com, and put RPF in the header.

Oh, and if someone tries to make a killing selling these at a high price, well, I'll get real sore, but I really won't be able to do a damn thing about it. So just don't.

This prop replica has nothing to do with the movie blade runner, its affiliates, its partners, its collectors or anybody else.

Cheers,

Adam Savage

Okay dudes. I was outed recently on this board. It's true, I'm a lurker.
Howdy.

Anyway, I was looking at the paper props thread, a particular passion of mine, and I thought: "Hey, why don't you finish off that Middle Earth map you've been drawing for months and pass it on to the dudes at the RPF?"
I had a couple of hours on a plane this morning, and I finished it.

This thing is totally fabricated by me using Illustrator and (mostly) photoshop. It's main form is traced off of Tolkein's original map and that of his son. Any map from any book was also consulted for details about things like the shire, et. al.
There's gotta be around 50 hours in here.
I placed every tree, every mountain (lots of copying and pasting)

When certain geographic features were in conflict, the text was consulted (really, I'm that geeky) for accuracy. Every detail I can think of is in here.

Anyway, here's the small version of the map.

http://homepage.mac.com/mistersavage/.Pict...dle%20Earth.jpg

and on this page, There's a huge JPEG (15 megs)
http://homepage.mac.com/mistersavage/PhotoAlbum8.html

Because of the size of this thing, it won't be there forever, but at least for a few days. Feel free to distribute it at will, it's currently 36x31 inches, at 300dpi.
It IS however, a JPEG. If someone out there wants to do a run of these for the group, I only ask for one, and I'll supply a 50 mb tiff on disk.

I can't do this for everyone, so only ask if you're serious please.

Finally, if you spot any errors, please let me know, I'll correct them on the layered PSD that I have. Email any corrections to adam@adamsavage.com, and put RPF in the header.

Oh, and if someone tries to make a killing selling these at a high price, well, I'll get real sore, but I really won't be able to do a damn thing about it. So just don't.

This prop replica has nothing to do with the movie blade runner, its affiliates, its partners, its collectors or anybody else.

Cheers,

Adam Savage

***** Here is the latest link to the high resolution .tif files (one .rar file containing 3 versions - gray scale, sepia & color).
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=76A51...AA!119&authkey=!AG2Gs0mCUi73gTM&action=locate

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya Adam, I know of a magical place that can print a few at supa dupa hi res, in that size - Throw the cd in the box with the B**** R***** you-know-what kits you're sending?

Tell Kari we love her..

:p

<div class='quotetop'>(asavage @ Sep 9 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1316274[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
:lol

Holy Orc doo doo Mythbuster man, that's freaking AWESOME... :love

Thanks very much for sharing, that is going to look great in our soon to be prop/games room.

Hope to see you around these parts more often too. :)

Cheers,

Kraig

awesome.

my gf is a big LOTR nut, and there is a local sign shop here that does custom printing. i had em do a few S shield targets back for a diorama last year and it worked out great. ill check with em and see if there is a way to get this printed out on parchment or laser printed if possible so i can weather the crap out of it :)

thanks man. thats one christmas gift down, a few hundred more to go :lol

chris

Sweet, thanks Adam. Hey, if you want a print I can get some done in high res. Feel free to send the tif file over to me. I'll trade you a shards of narsil print. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Sep 9 2006, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1316297[/snapback]</div>
I have no idea who you are or where you come from, but please make more maps.

Great work.
[/b]

I'll give you a clue, he is on TV :)

Thanks Adam. I can't seem to get the large version to load up for some reason? Can anyone help me? I was going to get this printed up today too. :(

What a cool looking map and again thnak you for spending the time on this and giving it to us.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back