Looking for TOS Transporter sound fx

OB10

Sr Member
I'm putting together some sound effects CD's for our original Enterprise room at Converence next week (as explained here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=27388 ), and there's one sound I can't seem to find. I've got the sound effects CD, and I've found a few sites that have sounds that can be downloaded, but I haven't found that high pitched whine that they sometimes have before the "transport" begins. The sound does exist on one of the longer compilation tracks (I think they stuck it on one of the bridge sequences). I cut the piece out of there, but I was hoping there'd exist a cleaner version without the extra background sounds.

I've spent way too much time surfing and haven't found the sound on my own. Anyone know if the sound is available on the net somewhere?

Obi-Bob

Very cool, thanks! Those should help. Neither of those really has that sort of "charging up" whine sound, though. I'm not sure of a better way to describe it.

Obi-Bob

I know the sound you're talking about: they'd use it occasionally when someone would flip the switch that in real life turned the console lights on. (You're NOT talking about the trilling sound when the sliders are moved, right?)

It isn't on the official ST sound fx CD.

I'm guessing that's probably the CD I have. At a guess, anyway.... I really do enjoy the heck out of that album! Classic Trek was my first real fan obsession, and I still love it. I've added many fan obsessions since then... :lol

Obi-Bob

Hallmark's last years Transporter ornament has a full transport to/back sequence on it. You might try the LP/CD from Crescendo(ebay) for the dual-titled- pilot episodes Cage/WNMHGB.

I'm guessing that's probably the CD I have. At a guess, anyway.... I really do enjoy the heck out of that album! Classic Trek was my first real fan obsession, and I still love it. I've added many fan obsessions since then... :lol

Obi-Bob

Oh here, I can do the sounds for you: Ahem,

BOOOOP! BEEEEEP! BAH-WUB-WUB-WUB!

DLINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

woooooo-ooooooo-OOOOOO-OOOOOO-OOOEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEE-EEENNNN-nnnnn-nnnnnnnggggggggg!

:D

I would pull it from an early episode where the transporter is sitting on but with no one beaming for a decent length of time (depending on music overlap) like: The Enemy Within, The Cage (Or the Menagerie) Where No Man Has Gone Before...
Hmmm, This Side of Paradise, when Kirk sets the transporter to beam himself down?
I think the music will be the biggest problem there.
GNP Crescendo had pretty much everything at one time, though I don't remember what they published.
Good luck!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back