looking for Obi Wan Kenobi' Chest pics

I was rewatching TFA recently and spotted this. If its not kenobi's chest, then its darn close.

]
F1BDF9DB-D42D-4428-9C83-745A2ABDD09A.jpg

Hey theyrenotdolls ! Nope, that's not it. But it is in the same family of chests! If you count the number of the squares on the chest's front, Obi's had 3 vertical x 5 horizontal. The one in TFA has 4 vertical x 6 horizontal. The TFA one also has feet that the Obi-Wan chest did not have.

Somebody found this...last year maybe, though I don't remember what thread it was in. Good eye though! If someone hadn't pointed it out before, I never would have known it was there. I have my T.V. set up such that this scene is very dark, and I never even saw the chest. One of these days I'll have to watch all of the movies with the brightness turned way up so that all these hidden gems might be exposed to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one mention of the The Force Awakens chest / trunk / Obi-Wan Lightsaber Box....

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252080&page=152&p=3958931&viewfull=1#post3958931

I remember there being pictures somewhere too, but my eyes are getting tired and I need to stop scrolling around trying to find them. Maybe Jedi-72 remembers where they are or perhaps someone else can find them?

Speaking of difficult to find items, theyrenotdolls ! Did you ever get an answer on the Lightsaber Backscratcher / Bokken thingy hanging on the wall in Obi-Wan's hut?

Last edited by a moderator:
I often wondered if the chest prop was reused in Moonraker, but it is not the same. It does look like Drax took over the Yavin Rebel base though.

Attachments

• BondMR1.jpg
    BondMR1.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 187
  • BondMR2.jpg
    BondMR2.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 235
  • BondMR3.jpg
    BondMR3.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 208
Hey Gang! Looks like we missed our opportunity to buy the real deal. Last year on June 6 2018, it "SOLD 110,000.00USD to ****r+ (30,800.00) buyer's premium. + applicable fees & taxes. " on icollector.com....

Alec Guinness “Obi-Wan ‘Ben’ Kenobi” screen used Lightsaber chest from Star Wars: A New Hope.

Here's the pics...

LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 001.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 002.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 003.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 004.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 005.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 006 - BACKSCRATHCER - RIDING CROP.jpg
LIGHTSABER - CHEST - TRUNK - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 007 - BACKSCRATHCER - RIDING CROP.jpg

I was Googling around looking for the lightsaber back-scratcher thingy tonight and found these pics at the end of my searching. I've come to believe that the wall piece is a riding crop or 'rebenque'. The handle is likely silver, and the rest of the 'blade' is a leather strap. The rebenques that are most similar to this one are oddly from Argentina. Not quite something I'd think to see in Tunesia, or whatever studio that scene was shot in, but somehow it made it into the movie! Go figure.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back