Looking for a good Golden Snitch

TK570

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am looking for a nice replica of the Harry Potter Golden Snitch for my son. I have of course seen the Noble Collection one and frankly it looks a little too "bling-bling" in the wings and display stand.

If anyone has any leads I would appreciate it.

Lonnie
Tk570

This would be a nice find. It seemed to be missing from the last movie so this might make it MIA in the props departments. I thought that was the whole idea behind winning the game?

I have one of these and highly recommend it. Cheap but none too shabby.

http://www.amazon.com/Potter-Golden...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248826985&sr=8-2

GoldenSnitch.jpg

If you can find one of these, snap it up. It's allegedly cast off a screen-used one:
71273447_15c9fc3c39.jpg

Here it is compared to the one Kalkamel posted (and the Rubies' snitch).

287638998_eab5b80e83.jpg

287638906_2de264c31c.jpg

Juno,

That's the one I was looking for but I can't find any info on the maker.

Thanks!
Lonnie
Tk570

71273447_15c9fc3c39.jpg

The one in the case with the plaque was sold by Phil S., I believe. I had one for a while, but had to sell it. Went for over $600 (on Ebay) several years ago.

Todd

Looks like I may have to go with the Noble one and do a little custom work.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Lonnie
Tk570

Lonnie,

I have a Noble one that I purchased from another member. He sawed it off from the base and cut off the wings. I did a little clean up and have it sitting on a clear plexi base under a glass dome display. Not bad for the $20 I paid for it.

Oohh... got any pics of your "in process" or finished work? I am curious how much time I am going to have to put into the wings.

Lonnie
Tk570

"Has anyone ever seen one of these in person?"

Yep, owned one of the three gold ones which were made for JK Rowling and studio execs.
In addition, there were 50 others made with a combination of brass (the body), sterling silver (wings) and gold plating (over the snitch). They were made by a small jewelry company for the first movie production and given out as gifts. They are hard to find but do come up on eBay from time to time. A beautiful made piece.
The snitch is not totally accurate to the screen one, Phil's Cool FX was the most accurate one made. Although I had wished they had been made with metal instead of the resin core body. A member made brass wings which could be attached to the coll FX snitch which looked pretty good.
I had modified a Noble one without the wings so I could have that metal feel to one.
I also have the plastic one in which I pulled the wings, popped in two long pins with ball tops and then gold painted. The pins can be switched out for the wings if you want to.

I tried making some wings , did a cad drawing pattern and laser cut it. this is just a proof of concept,a test and is made from what I see from the screen grabs...whatcha ya'll think?

Will

wingtest1.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back