Live action Darksaber by Gus

How did the meeting go?

Went well, he is working on a prototype that Im sure will look much nicer than mine. He is planning on doing a 10 blade run for now.

It will have the same construction as mine, 3 layers of 3mm acrylic and will be using the 1515 led strips. he will use some difusing material on the edge( i did not) to hide the individual leds better. He also will be using the proper glue so that the acrylic does not bleach out like mine did.

He should have a prototype complete over the weekend and I will share some pics.

Price wise he thinks that he can make them for around $275-$300 but ill confirm once he is done with the prototype.

Ahh.. I see..

I changed the link at the last second to a 144 count.. (not knowing/realizing it was a larger size.. as I commented on the 1515's stips right above the link)

These claim to be 2mm:

Unfortunately those are just RGB not RGBW. Guess I'll stick with the 1515 for now. Thanks.

for the blade i just used neopixels from adafruit. For the hilt i got everything from the custom saber shop.

Went well, he is working on a prototype that Im sure will look much nicer than mine. He is planning on doing a 10 blade run for now.

It will have the same construction as mine, 3 layers of 3mm acrylic and will be using the 1515 led strips. he will use some difusing material on the edge( i did not) to hide the individual leds better. He also will be using the proper glue so that the acrylic does not bleach out like mine did.

He should have a prototype complete over the weekend and I will share some pics.

Price wise he thinks that he can make them for around $275-$300 but ill confirm once he is done with the prototype.
Hey, was he able to make a prototype and get a cost estimate?

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been very busy. Just wanted to show you an up coming project.

DSLA01.jpg
DSLA02.jpg
DSLA03.jpg
DSLA04.jpg
DSLA05.jpg
DSLA06.jpg
DSLA07.jpg
DSLA08.jpg

I believe I got it about 90-95% accurate now.

Looks great! Does it have a place for the belt ring? For those that already purchased the files, will there be an update?
Im sorry this is a commission so it wont be available for printing for a while. The belt ring is still not clear where it goes so ill wait till the season ends to see if we can glance it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back