LIS third season Hero laser gun picture search

Contec

Master Member
Anyone have any more pictures of the third season hero laser gun from LOST IN SPACE that was sold in Profiles of history a few years ago?
I remember seeing a picture of the metal hatch that holds the batteries in the back of the body.

maybe bigger size of these as well.
LIS%20Hero%20Laser%20Pistol%203%2002%207-19-7.jpg
LIS%20Hero%20Laser%20Pistol%203%2003%207-19-7%20.jpg
LIS%20Hero%20Laser%20Pistol%203%2004%207-19-7.jpg

01%20LIS%20Hero%20Laser%20Pistol%203%2001%207-19-7.jpg

Thanks.

Cool pics! I've never seen any good detail shots of this version. Interesting--it looks like the pistol was cast in pot metal rather than resin. Guess they figured it would stand up better to the rigors of production. 'Spensive prop.

Those Swarovski crystals got around didn't they!

Cool pics! I've never seen any good detail shots of this version. Interesting--it looks like the pistol was cast in pot metal rather than resin. Guess they figured it would stand up better to the rigors of production. 'Spensive prop.
Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask... just what, exactly, IS "pot metal"? :confused

I hear the term occasionally, but I've never known what the stuff actually is. :unsure
Those Swarovski crystals got around didn't they!
You mean the rhinestones? Yeah, prop makers love those things! Very easy way to add details to sets and props, and cheap, too! They especially showed up a LOT in SF shows in the 1960s & 1970s! They really WERE everywhere back then! ;)

Pot metal is just a generic term for any inexpensive, low melting point, metal alloy. It's called pot metal because it has a very low melting point--it can be melted in a pot on a stove--and doesn't require a furnace. It's also called "white metal" in the scale modelling hobby.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask... just what, exactly, IS "pot metal"? :confused

Pot metal is just a generic term for any inexpensive, low melting point, metal alloy. It's called pot metal because it has a very low melting point--it can be melted in a pot on a stove--and doesn't require a furnace. It's also called "white metal" in the scale modelling hobby.

could be made from Pewter or Tin

Interesting, I didn't know that the second/third season pistols had lights. I don't ever remember seeing lights in the show. Did the second/third season rifles have lights too?

Didn't these pistols have some type of probe above the barrel?

David

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back