Lightyear

I can live with the “a movie Andy could watch” angle over the “real Buzz Lightyear” approach because the technology mismatch would really bother me otherwise. I wonder though, in-universe, if this movie is live action.

I think it should be a live action movie adaptation of the original space command cartoon that Andy would have watched. That's my story and I'm stickin to it :p

Looks okay, seems like your basic nostalgia bait cash grab but well done. Am I the only one that wants it to freeze right in the middle of an unresolved battle with Andy's Mom calling him to dinner, ending the film with the reveal that it was all one of Andy's play scenarios as a kid? I don't know how that would fit into cannon since I never saw the sequels.

yeah it would be cool if we saw andy at some point - but with the new direction prob not
so many 80's hidden gems in the new trailer gave me the feels

i am almost 50 and have that kid who cant wait to see it itch

Has anyone seen this yet? I suppose it’s technically a prop. I came across one yesterday at Target and I gotta tell you, I was impressed. It was heavier than I expected. It very much looked like a futuristic tool rather than a cheap toy. I wonder how accurate it is to what’s seen on screen.

Attachments

• 824DA158-6FA8-4237-B6A1-27B762FDE232.jpeg
    824DA158-6FA8-4237-B6A1-27B762FDE232.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 69
Looks okay, seems like your basic nostalgia bait cash grab but well done. Am I the only one that wants it to freeze right in the middle of an unresolved battle with Andy's Mom calling him to dinner, ending the film with the reveal that it was all one of Andy's play scenarios as a kid? I don't know how that would fit into cannon since I never saw the sequels.

I really hope they do not tie this in with Andy's imagination as a kid (or as an adult, for that matter). It would be such a sucker punch if they pulled a Wizard of Oz (or a Princess Bride) on us. I want this to be a stand-alone mythos - a corner of the multiverse were Buzz is real. That is not too much to ask, no?

I really hope they do not tie this in with Andy's imagination as a kid (or as an adult, for that matter). It would be such a sucker punch if they pulled a Wizard of Oz (or a Princess Bride) on us. I want this to be a stand-alone mythos - a corner of the multiverse were Buzz is real. That is not too much to ask, no?

It's the Movie Andy watched that made him a fan of Buzz.

Lightyear Explained: The Story Behind Pixar's New Toy Story Film

“I’ve always wondered, ‘What movie was Buzz from? Why couldn’t we just make that movie?’,” MacLane continued. “So that’s what we did. Lightyear [is] the movie that Andy saw that changed his life. Andy’s Star Wars. A sci-fi epic designed to inspire a new generation.” “I imagined this was a movie that then later, there was a spinoff cartoon,” MacLane explained. “And then the Toy Story toy was made off of that cartoon design. That very much was the way it would be in the ‘80s and early ‘90s. There would be a big-budget movie, like a serious movie, and then it would get ported to a TV show.

Budget Box Office
Toy Story 1 30 Million 373 Million
Toy Story 2 90 Million 497.4 Million
Toy Story 3 200 Million 1.067 Billion
Toy Story 4 200 Million 1.073 Billion

With those numbers above, I'm thinking they're going to have a sequel. That is, if they make the first one good, which it appears to be.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back