Lightsaber Calculator Bubbles NEW DISCOVERY!!!

Once upon a time, I was perfectly happy to own a real Graflex and not care whether it had "New York" stamped on the bottom, or a serial number, or whatever. Then I found a real Exactra 20, and I didn't care whether the bubbles were frosted or not... then people like you came along.

:D Just kidding. I still don't care. But great find though! I am truly impressed with your attention to detail and research. Well done.

Necrobump for a question...

Do we know of other brands of calculators with bubbles? This is for custom sabers, so the don't have to be an ANH match at all-- just so long as they'd work in a clamp. There's a few supercheap calcs on ebay and I THINK I see bubbles. Just curious if anyone had cracked open any other models to find something similar.

Novus 750's and 850s have bubbles that are the right length for a GRAFLEX clamp, but they require some fitting. Also the bubbles are smaller. Actually any LED calculator from back then will have a magnifying lens strip, but I know the 750's and 850's fit better than most with the least amount of fitting. Also they're like $10.

Necrobump for a question...

Do we know of other brands of calculators with bubbles? This is for custom sabers, so the don't have to be an ANH match at all-- just so long as they'd work in a clamp. There's a few supercheap calcs on ebay and I THINK I see bubbles. Just curious if anyone had cracked open any other models to find something similar.

I just got a few old TIs, a 30, a 31 and a 1200 for around $5 each. All appear to have bubbles.

I also got an Elka because the whole thing has an amazing design. That thing is begging to be prop-ed into something in a retro scifi movie. I might MAKE a retro sci fi movie just to use it!

s-l1600-1.jpg

RIGHT!?

Check them out-- they have a few different colors based on the models. I may have a new obsession.

HP 25s have neat bubbles. Pretty solid lens plastic too, unlike some others. I'm also a fan of TI 1250s and 1200s too! None have the same size bubbles as the Exactras though; Everything else is smaller. This happens because you're squeezing more digits into the same rectangular area.

Yeah, it looks like most of them have 9 as opposed to the usual 7. But since it's for custom sabers I'm actually super cool with that. I totally want different but the same-- kinda like cool colored edge cards. :)

Love the look of that clamp strip Sym-Cha!
& I can vouch that TI Little Professor has bubbles. I have one (well, my brother has it now) & it still works great. It has 9 bubbles.
image.jpeg
You can use it as a calculator, but you can also use it as a math quiz game.

Nice! That board would make for some cool custom edge cards too.

Look at the bubbles on this bad boy:

s-l1600-3.jpg

If I can find one of these cheap I may see how that works out...

Love the look of that clamp strip Sym-Cha!
& I can vouch that TI Little Professor has bubbles. I have one (well, my brother has it now) & it still works great. It has 9 bubbles.
View attachment 596149
You can use it as a calculator, but you can also use it as a math quiz game.

Wow, the Little Professor, that takes me back. Had one of those when I was a kid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back