Lifesize Yoda

ob1al

Sr Member
A few pics of my new lifesize Yoda based around the tremendous Chewie15 sculpt. No hands yet as I'm still working on those:

yoda0024at.jpg

yoda0078eu.jpg

yoda0139qy.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how its turning out so far - lots of work left to do, so I'll post another pic when it's finished. :)

Thanks again H. for the wonderful sculpt.

Al

Hard to tell from the photo's.... Looks like clay from here... I have ben thinking of doing something like that too... What did you use??? Looks like it has a great texture.

Originally posted by jme3@Jan 25 2006, 09:26 PM
Cool work.  Do you mind saying where you found the cane and leather pouch?

James
[snapback]1168048[/snapback]​

Thanks everyone - James, I made everything except the head myself. :)

Al

Originally posted by ob1al+Jan 25 2006, 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ Jan 25 2006, 04:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jme3
@Jan 25 2006, 09:26 PM
Cool work.  Do you mind saying where you found the cane and leather pouch?

James
[snapback]1168048[/snapback]​

Thanks everyone - James, I made everything except the head myself. :)

Al
[snapback]1168068[/snapback]​
[/b]

Congrats are in order then. :)

Thanks.

There are more WIP pics on my site HERE if anyone is interested.

I'll also post more pics when I'm finished the little fella. :)

Al

I still need to add a little padding on the upper torso area and affix the feet (after painting the "green parts") which will increase the body-bulk a little bit. The height will be slightly increased when the feet are permanently added to the base of the Yoda.

A little more progress tonight; Dremelling out the eye sockets for the glass eyes:

yoda0252ns.jpg

test fitting the eyes - still needs tidied up a bit:

yoda0292fl.jpg

'Raw pull' hands test fitted (no nails, paint...the hand shape still needs tweaked too), mannequin body standing at full height now (66 cm).

yoda0321my.jpg

yoda0343ya.jpg

"Hmmm...getting there, I hope I am...?"

Hey, building Yoda is FUN. :D

Regards

Al

Man, dremeling those eyes out was a BITCH.. Howard had sooo much resin behind the eyes it took forever to do.. was yours like that too? I ended up messing my eyes up and had to resculpt the upper eye lids.

Yeah, that was some thick resin. No flimsy cast...I had to drill down into the eyes first with my (full-size) drill as my dremmel wouldn't even reach the other side. Took about 3 hours in total. Phew. :)

After taking delivery of the sculpt and seeing just how thick the resin in the eyes was I've given serious thought to just painting in the eyes even though I really wanted to do glass ones.

It's a bit hard to tell in your pic ob1al but do your eyes fit well in the corners? It seems there may be some opening there.

Rgs,
James

Originally posted by ob1al@Jan 26 2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that was some thick resin. No flimsy cast...I had to drill down into the eyes first with my (full-size) drill as my dremmel wouldn't even reach the other side. Took about 3 hours in total. Phew.  :)
[snapback]1169107[/snapback]​

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Jan 26 2006, 11:37 PM
Man, dremeling those eyes out was a BITCH..  Howard had sooo much resin behind the eyes it took forever to do.. was yours like that too? I ended up messing my eyes up and had to resculpt the upper eye lids.
[snapback]1169099[/snapback]​

First off, I never made these heads available originally because the mold is over 30 inches long and I can't get in and hand work the resin. I did this to offer the heads here, would you rather paper thin or a little thick? IT HAS BEEN VERY TOUGH MAKING THESE HEADS POSSIBLE.

BTW, your's in coming along nicely Al :)

H

Thanks H. :)

James, with regard to the eyes - the pic above was only a test fitting; I worked on them a little longer last night and started to fine tune the openings, the eyes are now fitting quite flush without any gaps. It takes a little while to get to that stage, but IMO the effect of the glass eyes is really worth the effort.

Regards

Al

I think I find myself caught in the middle of something...

Really, the resin was quite thick in the eye area but it's not a big problem IMO; the bust is still terrific.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back