Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

We're working on it... :D
Could you PLEASE be less cryptic? If you and/or Matt are helping HCG to effect a solution, just say so and we'll all breath a little easier and lay off the speculation for a few more days.

Not so much to ask for, is it? I love happy endings, and from experience I know that it's sometiems a bumpy road to get there. Just be upfront and communicate, ok?

Thanks,

D

Matt & I are about to sign out for good. (via PM) ...we only do our best...

so your not going to respond to my query , and i am just to assume you called me a p****y ? I dont get it . Now i don't know your or matts level of involvement with hcg , and i dont see how you took such offense to my comments , unless of coure you are the supervisor of the chinese factory that these were shipped from . what i dont get is how arguably the two foremost experts of the m41a pulse rifle would let this slide , and basically tell us we are being babies , there is no way in h*ll matt would ship one of his pulse rifles like hcg is .

Just sayin!! (but, I'm sure you didn't have a window seat either) ;)

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Let me clarify. If the droop was intended for the sake of accuracy why not the protruding screw...and like I give a rats butt about the screw.

I'll tell you though after reading Rustedhero's post and reviewing your review you never answered the question. Can you just man up without being cute.

Is it your camera that distorts the PR and not the box behind it or is your PR bent.

3 day after you said you'd check you were still posting answering questions but you let that one conveniently slide.

Nothing cryptic please. how about slappin' a straight edge on that puppy, taking a picture and put this one to bed.

I hate to say this, but I think we just scared away the only folks who could have helped us.

While I did not get an e-mail confirmation that my Pulse Rifle did in fact ship, I had no issues what so ever in contacting HCG and getting the tracking number from them. That's pretty good service.

This is becoming more of a rough road for HCG than it is for us, because their entire business could be reflected here. While I will admit that their lack of response on this official forum is kind of a missed opportunity to quell some of the questions we have, it still doesn't change the fact that they are walking on broken glass if they step in here.

Do we deserve answers? Yes. Should they respond? Yes. Should we be more receptive and patient in hearing the official word? Heck yes. I think in the best interest of everybody here, including those that bought the Pulse Rifles, is that we put aside the stunt vs. hero debate and simply focus on being a little more professional. Being a business guy myself who deals with angry customers makes me angry, but dealing with customers who are open to hear what I have to say and won't get carried away with their opinions will certainly make me more talkative. Not saying you should abandon your opinions or criticisms, just don't nail them to the cross.

As of now, they've delivered. Icons didn't.

I hate to say this, but I think we just scared away the only folks who could have helped us.

While I did not get an e-mail confirmation that my Pulse Rifle did in fact ship, I had no issues what so ever in contacting HCG and getting the tracking number from them. That's pretty good service.

This is becoming more of a rough road for HCG than it is for us, because their entire business could be reflected here. While I will admit that their lack of response on this official forum is kind of a missed opportunity to quell some of the questions we have, it still doesn't change the fact that they are walking on broken glass if they step in here.

Do we deserve answers? Yes. Should they respond? Yes. Should we be more receptive and patient in hearing the official word? Heck yes. I think in the best interest of everybody here, including those that bought the Pulse Rifles, is that we put aside the stunt vs. hero debate and simply focus on being a little more professional. Being a business guy myself who deals with angry customers makes me angry, but dealing with customers who are open to hear what I have to say and won't get carried away with their opinions will certainly make me more talkative. Not saying you should abandon your opinions or criticisms, just don't nail them to the cross.

Well if indeciferable comments and insults are considered help, then I think we will be better off on our own.

We're working on it... :D

...You all see what I mean? I called him out and he still can't give a straight answer. Its really simple. I'll say it again: I'm not attacking and I don't hate the guy. I'm a big fan of his work but this just supports my theories I mentioned on my first post. Does the HCG PR you based your review on have the droop problem? If so then how the hell did you miss it being as thorough as you said?

Jeyl...Ok brother I agree with you on the whole putting aside the stunt vs. hero debate and not being too negative. The thing is thats off here is you're speaking as one of the very few satisfied customers....and why is that? Cause you're happy with what you got. You're apparently one of the few that didn't get a extremely noticeable drooping PR. If you did get a bad PR I have without a doubt in my mind you'd be "nailing them to the cross". My evidence is pretty much all your previous posts before you got your PR. You were freaking out paranoid like the rest of us waiting for it to arrive to see if you got a bad one. Apparently you didn't so you breathe that sigh of relief and now tell everyone else to not get to up in arms over this obvious defect. Nothing against you but I feel its not fair for you to now all of a sudden tell everyone to back off a bit. I'm very happy for you that HCG delivered for you, but for a lot of people (and still counting)...they didn't. And everybody who got screwed has the right to be as upset as they want.

RH

Last edited:
I'm believing HCG is working on the issue and will report when there is something to report. I know a lot of buyers want a quick fix right now, but HGC may need some time to indepthly ascertain the situation before proceeding with a statement.
In any case, I placed a 'wait list' order through them in hopes that the wait list is indeed due to HGC pulling the product in light of the 'droop' situation.
No one should be made to feel guilty about expressing thier dissapointment of recent events. I'm certain HGC representatives want to hear nothing but rave reviews about the product they invested considerable time and money into developing, but when it gets right down to the guts of the situation, a collectible that costs as much as thier hero PR is going to get some ill responses if there is a QC issue.

Got screwed? Really? Come on now. I can understand disappointment and frustration, but this isn't even close to "getting screwed." :unsure
There are different degrees of getting screwed. Losing a grand on an Icons vaporware PR is a 10 out of 10. Waiting 14 years to get a great "hero" licensed PR from a reputable company during the worst economic recession EVER (meaning, at tremendous sacrifice for many of us), only to discover it suffers from erectile dysfunction is a solid 7 out of 10.

I'm reserving judgment for now, but I do not condone how HCG has circled the wagons or how veteran trusted PR experts who all but shilled for HCG are now taking cover or spouting incoherent one-liners. :thumbsdown

D

I sent an email over to HCG about the possibility of an exchange. I have high hopes.

This is a simple factory defect. I personally feel nothing was done to purposely mislead people. Hopefully HCG comes through for us with some kind of option and makes this right. Instead of taking this out on members here, we should all be concentrating on trying to make contact with someone over at HCG tomorrow. The ball is really in their court at this point.

Make your phone calls and send your emails!

I'm reserving judgment for now, but I do not condone how HCG has circled the wagons or how veteran trusted PR experts who all but shilled for HCG are now taking cover or spouting incoherent one-liners. :thumbsdown

Reserve judgment, as you say. HCG hasn't circled any wagons. 'Veteran' PR experts haven't shilled. We are not taking cover nor offering any "one-liners". ...Thanks for joining the RPF, btw...

...if you would like for me to rip ******** in a paragraph or two, .....I have the ability to do that. Some people tend to like it when I do it... :)

Reserve judgment, as you say. HCG hasn't circled any wagons. 'Veteran' PR experts haven't shilled. We are not taking cover nor offering any "one-liners". ...Thanks for joining the RPF, btw...

...if you would like for me to rip ******** in a paragraph or two, .....I have the ability to do that. Some people tend to like it when I do it... :)
Yeah, well - I joined hoping to be one of the deleriously happy recipients of a near-flawless PR and start my membership on the right foot, and instead now find myself wondering how things went so terribly wrong. All the posts in this thread point to the fact that you & Matt knew about this front assembly droop and said nothing (to us and/or to HCG) while there was still time for HCG to catch this design flaw (to differentiate from a factory defect or quality control issue). My god, I'm not a mechanical engineer, but even I know how to align a barrel to a frame!!! And yes, your glowing reviews of the prototype and official involvement in the project gave me the confidence I needed to make this purchase. As I previously posted - if you, Matt, and HCG want to reassure us, just communicate - after 5 days, all we're getting are possible warranty-voiding fixes most of us cannot make ourselves and yes - stupid, irritating one-liners and uncalled for insults from you. What is your malfunction?

Can SOMEONE with any authority just say "HCG is looking into the problem and will respond shortly?"

And thanks for the "warm" welcome, brother! :angry

D

Waiting 14 years to get a great "hero" licensed PR from a reputable company during the worst economic recession EVER (meaning, at tremendous sacrifice for many of us), only to discover it suffers from erectile dysfunction is a solid 7 out of 10.

I don't know you, but those who know me know that I am pretty critical of my props and will call a company or individual to the floor in a second if I think they are taking us for a ride, but much like the "screwed" statement... 7 out of 10? You liken a slight alignment issue that close to not getting an item at all? I am sitting here looking at the PR we just received (and I have NO ties to HCG... don't even know anyone there) and while I can agree that there is a slight angle on the GL of our gun, to somehow try to construe this to a limp "member" is blowing this completely out of proportion. To listen to a few members comment on this, one would believe the barrel an GL are at a glaringly sharp angle to the body of the gun and that simply isn't even close to the case.

I am not telling you not to contact HCG if you are not happy. I am not telling you that you are wrong if you are disappointed. I am only saying, lets not make this more than what it is or make it seem like the entire prop is without any worth.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back