Let's talk Mandalorian Era New Republic Flight Jackets

My friends and I did the Flight Jacket look at DragonCon in our Rebel Pilots. I have to say, I was kind of the fence about it when I first saw it in The Mandalorian, but the look really grew on me, and after having done it, I think it a fun take on the character.

(Sunglasses are because it was DragonCon)

374569666_10106533008755363_8747767301581422469_n.jpg

My friends and I did the Flight Jacket look at DragonCon in our Rebel Pilots. I have to say, I was kind of the fence about it when I first saw it in The Mandalorian, but the look really grew on me, and after having done it, I think it a fun take on the character.

(Sunglasses are because it was DragonCon)

View attachment 1743130

The aviator sunglasses are so awesome. You all look bad ass.

I actually design and make patches as a hobby. I designed all of Sabine, Hera, and Carson Teva's flight jacket patches based on several screen caps. I just recently redesigned the diamonds based on a new screen grab.

A lot of people I have talked to didn't know Sabine had the Ghost back patch as well. I tried to make all of mine to scale (based on measurements from the screen caps), but the biggest I can do is 10", so the back patch is about 3-4" smaller than the actual.

The diamonds I redesigned are not the ones in this pic.

20231003_151430.jpg

Very cool! Though I'd be inclined to do the Ghost symbol with paint. As a 90s Goth I have my painted up leather jacket and after 30 years of abuse and Canadian winters the paint is still just fine, except where the leather's finish has worn off entirely.

Before someone asks - there was a member of our social group that did all the painting, and I've no idea what kind of paint they used except that it was specifically meant for leather. Given that it was 30 years ago, there's a good chance that specific brand doesn't exist any longer anyway.

If you go back to this post and read the next five or so replies, there is a discussion about some of the small details spotted on these patches. Mainly how some details ar asymmetrical.

If you go back to this post and read the next five or so replies, there is a discussion about some of the small details spotted on these patches. Mainly how some details ar asymmetrical.

Ok. Cool. Folks have been buying these from me and very happy with the results. I am fine with the patches I make. Thanx for your input though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back