"Let Me In" (US remake of "Let the Right One In") trailer

I like the original Swedish version enough, but I think the remake just surpasses it on a few different levels. Let Me In has simply become one of my favorite films, it's just perfect and it grabbed me much more than Let The Right One In. Chloe Moretz was perfect.

People who say a remake is "(completely) unnecessary" are just wrong. There are many reasons to necessitate a remake - you not wanting a remake is understandable, but that doesn't mean studios and producers can't find plenty of reasons to produce a new version. Please stop using that as an excuse and come up with real reasons.

Started to re-watch it last night, (got interrupted with a home movie premier :lol) I noticed that Abby does look rather boyish, or at least asexual during a lot of the film, and she asks Owen if he would still like her, if she wasn't a girl, I had assumed she meant vampire instead of girl, now I think maybe that was a reference to her asexuality? I'm going to finish re-watching it today. Richard Jenkins is just awesome in this movie (every time I see him I'm impressed), he goes from a really creepy bag faced murderer, to a tragic, broken, sympathetic character with the flip of a switch! The guy is a true professional actor. :cool:thumbsup

Started to re-watch it last night, (got interrupted with a home movie premier :lol) I noticed that Abby does look rather boyish, or at least asexual during a lot of the film, and she asks Owen if he would still like her, if she wasn't a girl, I had assumed she meant vampire instead of girl, now I think maybe that was a reference to her asexuality? I'm going to finish re-watching it today. Richard Jenkins is just awesome in this movie (every time I see him I'm impressed), he goes from a really creepy bag faced murderer, to a tragic, broken, sympathetic character with the flip of a switch! The guy is a true professional actor. :cool:thumbsup
Yes, the girl/sexuality refers to the original.
In Let The Right One In - Eli was a boy who was castrated. In the remake, it's presumed Abby was always a girl because she says she was the daughter of a plantation owner.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back