Let’s ID Noa’s toolkit (Battle for Endor)

BRRogers

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1F76498D-6D84-4EAB-AAF7-FE84384A3412.jpeg
I’ve literally just in the past 10 minutes had my attention turned fully to this… (lookin at you Halliwax you scoundrel) having never taken the time to watch it (and I still need to)…

About 35 minutes into the film Wilford Brimley’s character sports this toolkit.

I’ve spent a lot of time with interest in things that *look* like this in regards to the tuning tools used on the cave scene hero (even the Kenner toy based on the scene) but this might be a clearer avenue of research and may even include THE tool.

Lacking time, I’d love to open the deep dive up for screen grabs and research.

I’ll provide a head start; antique drafting / mathematics/ engineering/ scientific/ or maritime navigation supplies like dividers and compasses. The older kits included vertical storage boxes and more ornamental headstocks.

My goal is to replicate the tool to include in the Veracity static ‘cave hero’ kit

E3F9C4A1-1595-4AA5-AF7B-3BC92A17B796.jpeg

65372D4B-767A-4310-8007-D049325F72E7.jpeg

03475B54-339D-4726-99DF-3B874AB38560.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1497676I’ve literally just in the past 10 minutes had my attention turned fully to this… having never taken the time to watch it (and I still need to)…

About 35 minutes into the film Wilford Brimley’s character sports this toolkit.

I’ve spent a lot of time with interest in things that *look* like this in regards to the tuning tools used on the cave scene hero (even the Kenner toy based on the scene) but this might be a clearer avenue of research and may even include THE tool.

Lacking time, I’d love to open the deep dive up for screen grabs and research.

I’ll provide a head start; antique drafting / mathematics/ engineering/ or maritime navigation supplies like dividers and compasses. The older kits included vertical storage boxes and more ornamental headstocks.

My goal is to replicate the tool to include in the Veracity static ‘cave hero’ kit
Hmmmmmm….

If I know Wilford Brimley, those objects likely had something to do with “diabeetus”.

9D944A42-7530-45B2-855B-F651C7D9C0EA.jpeg

By vertical tool holders and decorative finials we’re talking about probability of being VERY Antique:
I agree the brass on I posted was 1700’s no way they would have used something like that, those screen caps look more medical to me. Maybe old dentistry instruments. What I thought was 2 legs of a calliper now looks like some kind of slide.

The larger tool looks like it could be small air powered drill or even an air brush?

Last edited:
possibly. All options are still open haha… but it helps to see that this appears to come in a set with other tools- presumably in a specific case.

This one in particular seems to match up from the cave scene.

Attachments

• 42DAE549-41CC-4AE7-8E90-83EC44529F06.jpeg
    42DAE549-41CC-4AE7-8E90-83EC44529F06.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 85
possibly. All options are still open haha… but it helps to see that this appears to come in a set with other tools- presumably in a specific case.

This one in particular seems to match up from the cave scene.
I'll just say it, but the one on the left has every indicator of being a can opener with the plastic assist handle removed.

Can't believe I missed this thread! I've been in search of the correct drafting tool kit to build this for a while. No luck so far, but I'm fairly sure its a couple of compasses joined together, and the chrome sphere part is there to hide the real-world hinge.

I'd love to know the exact parts/brand that was used!

My brother shared something I hadn’t seen yet:unsure:

0702EAF4-5ABB-4636-8DE1-4D912B4BCD3A.jpeg

Makes me wonder if they made this with (the tool is still in the…) archive reference

That first one sure looks like a compass tool
Luke's tool looks to me like a compass as well held together at the bottom by a protractor thumb screw maybe? ...i digress, after further review, i'm really wrong...lol

Last edited:
The tool chewie uses to work on 3po in the prison center in ESB.. I wonder if that’s the same?
That one is WAAYY different. It's a clear lumpy knob on a stick, like a fake jewel. I wish I still had the picture

WTF is this tool kit they use in starwars :D
1ESBTorch.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back